Definition of Class
This position coordinates and participates in the operation of the University of Mississippi Testing Center, which provides computer and paper based standardized tests for University of Mississippi students, prospective students, and community members for college admission, professional certification, and graduate admission. The incumbent schedules and administers testing programs, hires and schedules student workers, supervises staff, secures room reservations, makes arrangements for staffing of special tests, works with information technology support to resolve any technical problems, and prepares reports and requests for payment.
Examples of Work Performed
- Proctors a variety of tests, including but not limited to: the LSAT, ACT, Master Certified Health Education Specialist, Certified Health Education Specialist tests and CLEP, Multistate Professional Responsibility, Ole Miss Online Exams, iStudy, UMHS, and certain non-UM exams.
- Provides general staff oversight. Trains, schedules, and monitors staff, including test proctors, necessary to operate a testing center.
- Develops testing schedules and room reservations to meet the needs of testing candidates and outside agencies.
- Communicates with individuals and agencies to organize and make available information/materials for exams.
- Administers the ACT Residual Exam, grades exams and sends results to Admissions Office.
- Opens the test center, prepares materials, starts computers, and works with information technology support to troubleshoot any computer issues.
- Checks in test candidates, reviews identification to ensure identity and monitors candidates during testing.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all testing materials, test logs, and other test documents.
- Facilitates resolution to potential conflicts or issues that may arise during test administration.
- Responds to questions about test registration, schedules, locations, requirements and works with students who request special accommodations.
- Prepares reports and requests for payments.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Two (2) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Test Automation Specialist, La Trobe University, Australia, 16 days ago
The role The Quality Assurance (QA) team is responsible for the development of the testing strategies for the whole of IS, projects and individual systems, as required. Further to this the QA team...
Military Education Coordinator, University of Maryland University College, Moldova, 3 days ago
. Military Education Coordinator Office of Stateside Military Partnerships Exempt, Contingent II, Full Time, Pay Grade 1.2 The Military Education Coordinator for Fort Detrick will report to the As...
Program And National Test Center Coordinator, Bahrain, University of Maryland University College, Bahrain, 7 days ago
Category: Advising and Enrollment Location: Manama-Bahrain Requisition ID: 10010642 . Program and National Test Center Coordinator UMGC Europe Location: Manama, Bahrain Overseas Contingent III, (...
Program And National Testing Center Coordinator, Muwaffaq Salti Air Base 332 Aew, University of Maryland University College, Jordan, 3 days ago
Category: Advising and Enrollment Location: Muwaffaq Salti Air Base - Jordan Requisition ID: 10010644 . Program and National Test Center Coordinator UMGC Europe Location: Muwaffaq Salti Air Base ...
Program And National Test Center Coordinator, Bahrain, University of Maryland University College, Bahrain, 3 days ago
Category: Advising and Enrollment Location: Manama-Bahrain Requisition ID: 10010608 . Program and National Test Center Coordinator UMGC Europe Location: Manama, Bahrain Overseas Contingent III, (...
Program And National Test Center Coordinator, Qatar, University of Maryland University College, Qatar, 3 days ago
Category: Advising and Enrollment Location: As Sayliyah-Qatar Requisition ID: 10010609 . Program and National Test Center Coordinator UMGC Europe Location: As Sayliyah, Qatar Overseas Contingent ...