Definition of Class
Working Title: Coordinator of Student Engagement
This position plans, coordinates, promotes, implements and evaluates activities and events within the Student Affairs Division. The incumbent serves as a liaison to students, parents, university departments, and external contacts as it relates to assigned events, monitors program budgets, schedules space, develops communication plans to promote events, oversees use of facilities, and assists in establishing goals and objectives to support event success.
Examples of Work Performed
- Oversees the event registration and notification process for registered student organizations (RSOs) at the University of Mississippi with guidance and support from the associate director.
- Advises, coordinates, and works with the Leadership and Engagement Ambassadors.
- Provides guidance to RSOs regarding events, use of facilities, physical set-up, catering, security, as well as compliance with campus policies and procedures.
- Monitors program budgets and determines appropriate use of funds for Leadership and Engagement Ambassadors.
- Coordinates the recruitment, selection, training, and development of Leadership and Engagement Ambassadors.
- Coordinates the publication of print and online newsletters, brochures, social media, advertisements, handbooks, and other informational materials for the Gertrude C. Ford Ole Miss Student Union under the guidance of the Associate Director for Student Leadership and Engagement.
- Creates and maintains department and organization websites and ensures accuracy of information.
- Serves as a liaison to students, parents, university departments, and external contacts as it relates to assigned programs.
- Creates and maintains relationships with internal and external personnel to provide and ensure continued support for programs.
- Oversees communication efforts and responds to questions/concerns.
- Assists in establishing and implementing short and long-term goals, objectives, policies, and procedures supporting both program and department success.
- Develops and administers assessment tools for departmental events and activities and student leadership development learning outcomes
- Represents the department and university on various committees, boards, and associations.
Additional Examples of Work Performed
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned by the Associate Director or Director of the Gertrude C. Ford Ole Miss Student Union.
- Apply exceptional interpersonal skills and understanding of group interactions to establish positive collaborative relationships with diverse groups.
- Successfully foster, work in, and appreciate an interdisciplinary community while promoting practices that support cultural diversity.
- Respond to the needs of a diverse population of students to foster an inclusive community/environment.
- Demonstrate success in creating an inclusive, service-oriented environment for a multicultural student body.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Six (6) months experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Vice President For Student Affairs, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title: Vice President for Student Affairs Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Student Affairs-Metro Hiring Manager: Joy Yablonsky firstname.lastname@example.org ...
Vice President For Student Affairs, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 1 month ago
Posting Details Job Title: Vice President for Student Affairs Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Enrollment, Planning & Effectiveness-Metro Hiring Manager: Joy Yablonsky joy.yab...
Clinical Assistant Professor/Assessment Director Of Physician Assistant Studies, Yeshiva University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position Summary: Reporting to the Program Director of Physician Assistant (PA) Studies, the Assessment Director works with the Program Director to collect, analyze and evaluate data on all aspect...
Asst Dean Administration, Columbia University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Position Summary Reporting to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, the incumbent functions as part of a team of Assistant Deans providing comprehensive support to SIPA's student population of o...
Associate Director Of Admissions, Columbia University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Position Summary Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Associate Director of Admissions performs tasks related to the recruitment, retention, and admission related to prospects and applican...
Assistant Director For Academic Affairs, Columbia University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: Commensurate with experience. Position Summary Reporting to the Department Chair and DAAF, with dott...