Location: Belknap Campus
Job Req ID: R100656
Master's degree in a related field and two years of related experience. Experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements.
Under general supervision, reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Development (AVP) for the Belknap campus, the Development Coordinator supports the management and operations of the development area in all aspects of operations including but not limited to, gift agreements/documentation, data and records management, meeting/event planning and coordination, and assisting and coordinating alumni relations/stewardship efforts. This position will work collaboratively with various stakeholders across campus including, deans, faculty, senior administration, staff, students, and donors. This position is inclusive of the Development team on the Belknap campus and will operate within the system and procedures of Development to ensure consistent and well-coordinated activities. Other duties may also be assigned.
In addition, this position will provide high-level confidential administrative support to the AVP on the Belknap campus and assigned development officers while also supervising administrative assistant(s) when applicable. This includes managing the administrative functions for a development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Belknap Development with daily matters relating to philanthropy, events, alumni, donor and friends of the University of Louisville.
- Manage confidential files and sensitive matters related to donors and personnel actions. May represent AVP at meetings to furnish or obtain information.
- Manage projects for the development team in which they are assigned related to donor and prospect engagement with Alumni Relations, Stewardship, Corporate and Foundation Relations, and Planned Giving.
- Evaluate and prioritize requests for appointments, facilitate access when needed, and coordinate the AVP's calendar. Coordinate as needed appointments both internal and external for assigned development officers.
- Provide overall coordination of fundraising activity support, including but not limited to, internal and external meeting support, project follow up, annual appeal support, communicating directly with top tier prospects, coordinate reports for their assigned campus in preparation for stewardship events, regional travel and/or prospecting for funding priorities, and limited event support.
- Supports overall communications for the development office, including drafting correspondence and gift agreements, researching, developing collateral materials, assist with managing gift announcements, and supporting other outreach efforts.
- Provide supervision and day to day direction to administrative assistant(s) when applicable for a development team.
- Exhibits professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail. Serve as front line communications representative for the Development team.
- Assists in maintaining supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing, and expediting orders for supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary Commensurate with Experience.
Experience in non-profit fundraising or higher education.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work with all levels and manage multiple deadlines, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, customer relations, travel arrangements, calendar management, data entry and analysis. Effective computer experience including database operation and word processing.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume in ONE attachment.
University Advancement encourages candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, will work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and will serve the increasingly diverse students we admit and want to attract.
Benefits - The University of Louisville has an exceptional benefits package; to learn more about our benefits please visit here
Compensation will be commensurate to candidate experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.
Assistance and Accommodations
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 215 Central Avenue, Ste 205 - Louisville, Kentucky 40208.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6258.
Development Assistant Specialist, Office Of The Associate Vice President And Dean Of Development, Faculty Of Arts And Sciences, Harvard University, United States, 9 days ago
18-Sep-2023 Alumni Affairs and Development 63695BR Job Summary Alumni Affairs and Development is a dedicated team supporting Harvard’s advancement activity through front-line fundraising, alumni a...
Senior Director Development, McGill University, Canada, 1 day ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Development Associate, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 1 day ago
Development Associate PAE-Office of the Vice Chancellor - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23007053) Works with higher gift officers to increase effectiveness of fundraising efforts. Prepares written ma...
Director Of Development, Athletics, Faculty Of Arts And Sciences, Harvard University, United States, about 16 hours ago
28-Sep-2023 Alumni Affairs and Development 63941BR Job Summary Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) Alumni Affairs and Development is a dedicated team supporting Harvard’s advancement activity th...
Director Of Development, Major Gifts, Faculty Of Arts And Sciences, Harvard University, United States, 18 days ago
06-Sep-2023 Alumni Affairs and Development 63719BR Job Summary Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) Alumni Affairs and Development is a dedicated team supporting Harvard’s advancement activity th...
Assistant Director, Reunion And Leadership Giving, External Relations, Harvard University, United States, 25 days ago
01-Sep-2023 Harvard Business School 63702BR Job Summary The Assistant Director is a frontline fundraising position responsible for managing class-based reunion fundraising campaigns and securing l...