The Science and Impact Coordinator reports to the Director, Science and Impact. This position will coordinate project activities across Science and Impact teams – Core and Impact – ensuring that the programs continue to deliver on objectives, actively engage stakeholders, and drive impact. This role supports the delivery of TSC’s core offerings designed to assess supplier sustainability performance and communicate that performance to buyers. Key responsibilities include coordinating the development and delivery of The Sustainability Insight System (THESIS) as well as contribute and coordinate other projects related to supply chain sustainability. Success in this role requires the ability to prioritize competing demands, set and manage timelines, follow up with teams to ensure on time delivery, synthesize information, deep dive into technical material and new content areas, communicate effectively with all team members and external parties, and maintain a customer service attitude.
The Sustainability Consortium
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Grant Funded Position
This is a grant funded position. Continuation is contingent on future grant funding.
$42,000 - $45000 per year; DOE
THESIS Science and Impact Coordination
- Coordinate Science and Impact staff members contributing to THESIS content development.
- Coordinate and exercise processes to ensure quality of THESIS content in the TSC Research Database.
- Manage reference documentation for THESIS and other technical projects.
- Participate in quality assurance processes for THESIS delivery.
- Coordinate technical staff
- Coordinate the creation of content tracking and management tools for project delivery.
- Coordinate training, support, and use of TSC’s project management tools and TSC research database.
Support Trainings and Workshops
- Coordinate process of inviting stakeholders to participate in TSC trainings and workshops, both virtual and in-person.
- Support THESIS users throughout the year to understand THESIS content and processes.
- Support suppliers and manufacturers through TSC Helpdesk during bespoke retailer campaigns.
- Take notes during Science and Impact meetings highlighting key action items for all staff involved
- Log member and stakeholder interactions in SalesForce
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Training or experience in social or environmental science, policies, principles, and/or practices associated with sustainability, environmental management, and/or corporate social responsibility
- Experience in effectively managing and prioritizing multiple deliverables.
- Experience in successful project coordination, with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience in developing and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Experience in comprehending and accurately communicating complex and scientific subject matter to others through written and oral communications
- Training or experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience in data analysis and research
- Experience working with technical experts
- Experience in planning and organizing stakeholder events
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
The Sustainability Consortium (TSC) is a global non-profit organization transforming the consumer goods industry to deliver more sustainable consumer products. We work to enable a world where people can lead fulfilled lives in a way that decouples their impacts on people and the planet. This remote role is part of a global, dedicated team working to bring the best sustainability science to the consumer goods industry to create more sustainable products. TSC is a fast-moving, family-friendly, entrepreneurial organization where flexibility is valued, and all voices are heard.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Doctoral Student In Building Services Engineering With Focus On Renovation And Adaptive Reuse Of Buildings (Pa2023/837) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 16 hours ago
Description of the workplace and research discipline The discupline of Building Services deals with - in the light of human environmental requirements - buildings' room climate and energy supply, ...
Webless Migratory Game & Shorebird Biologist, Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries, United States, 27 days ago
AgencyLouisiana Department of Wildlife & FisheriesLocationStatewide, negotiableJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$4,278 - $7,497 monthlyLast Date to Apply03/10/2023Websitehttps://www.government...
Master Thesis Catalyst Structures For Electro Reduction Of Co2 In Liquid Fed Electrolyzer, Helmholtz, Germany, about 1 hour ago
Your Job: Carbon utilization technologies are rapidly developing fields of electro-catalysis. Their main focus is lowering the carbon footprint, by utilizing the excess atmospheric carbon dioxide ...
Mental Health And Wellness, Specialist, The University of Arizona, United States, about 5 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Mental Health and Wellness, Specialist United States | req14304 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Mental Health and Wellness, Specialist Posting Number req14304 Depart...
Sustainability Officer, VIB, Belgium, about 9 hours ago
VIB is a life sciences research institute based in Flanders, conducting world-class research in the fields of biotechnology and life sciences. The mission of VIB is to translate scientific insight...
Senior Officer, Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning, University Centers For Career Development, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 4 days ago
Reports to: Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Purpose: The job holder contributes to the implementation of the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plan, and supports re...