Job TitleContract Specialist I
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentDepartment Of Contract Administration
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
The Department of Contract Administration is responsible for creating and maintaining a well-defined administrative control environment that assures management exercises its fiduciary responsibilities when executing and administering contracts on behalf of Texas A&M University.
What we want
The Contract Specialist I, under supervision, facilitates the contract administration process, including data entry into the contract management database, maintenance of paper files, routing and approvals, monitoring existing contracts.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Working knowledge of Excel, Access and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Customer service and problem solving skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of experience in business and financial systems and time management. Prior experience in Higher Education contracting guidelines preferred.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Practical knowledge of governmental and higher education operations. Ability to comprehend and apply State/Federal contract regulations.
- Time management skills.
- Contract Review- Prepares scope of work and write contracts. Reviews terms of each contract and coordinates further reviews as necessary with appropriate University and system components such as Procurement Services, Office of General Counsel, System Real Estate, etc. Reviews shall include incorporating appropriate legal terms for State of Texas agency as well as favorable business terms for Texas A&M.
- Contract Monitoring-Monitors the overall contract review process and associated workflows related to the review of business and service contracts for Texas A&M University, Texas A&M University at Galveston, and Texas A&M University at Qatar in accordance with State statutes and established Texas A&M University System guidelines and protocols.
- Contract Negotiation-Negotiates terms with third parties such as private industry, federal, state, and local governments. Upon completion of negotiations, responsible for follow through to execution of contracts and associated contract file retention.
- Customer Service-Provides customer service functions, answers questions on contracts, and attends meetings to discuss tentative agreements or negotiate existing agreements. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Registered Nurse I, TAMHSC, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Registered Nurse I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Student Health Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type ...
Rn Iii Nurse Home Visitor 1, TAMHSC, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title RN III Nurse Home Visitor-1 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School of Nursing Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff J...
Project Manager Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 22 days ago
Job Title Project Manager II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Mary Kay O'connor Process Safety Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...
Project Manager Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Project Manager II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Strategic Initiatives Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description T...
Clinical Social Worker Msi, TAMHSC, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Clinical Social Worker MSI Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas J...
Program Director Center On Disability & Development, TAMHSC, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Program Director - Center on Disability & Development Agency Texas A&M University Department Educational Psychology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Tex...