CONTENT MANAGER -
: Web Communications
: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Work Schedule: M-F; 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, as needed after hours
Salary Range: based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Examples of Work
--- Do you always know the latest digital and social media marketing trends? Connect with OU target audiences, write and tell stories and engage with Sooners around the world. Join our energetic, passionate, and creative team behind OU digital marketing efforts. The University of Oklahoma is seeking highly-qualified candidates to concept, produce, and promote marketable stories to the public across various social media channels and the OU homepage. This person's primary responsibilities will be producing content, building/managing digital communities, and analyzing results. Candidates should have experience in working with multiple teams in content production and reacting to audience insights. Experience with a content management system and a social media management tool are pluses. This position highlights university programs of excellence and plans the development of marketable content. We are looking for someone who has a passion for sharing stories about the university and staying updated on trends in web content and social media marketing: both earned and paid. This person should also have experience maintaining an editorial calendar. This person will be integral in working closely with other teams on video production, client service, and website coordination. This position will report to the Social Media Manager within the area of University Marketing & Communications.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 12 months of professional marketing experience
- Familiarity with social media analytics tools and reporting.
- Excellent at grammar and spelling. Excellent social media writer.
- Familiarity with image quality, sizing, and basic editing.
- Proficient at social media audience cultivation and managing content calendars.
- Ability to generate creative ideas on a constant basis and work extremely well with clients.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motions, and communicate effectively.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro or other design and NLE programs-Copywriting
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing .
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
: Sep 16, 2019