- Texas Wildlife Association
- Primary focus in Denton, Parker, Tarrant, and Wise counties; may travel to Collin, Dallas, Ellis, and Johnson counties
- Job Category
- Full time Positions
- Full-time Independent Contractor
- Start Date
- Last Date to Apply
- POSITION TITLE: Conservation Educator (Greater Dallas/Fort Worth area) DEADLINE: June 16, 2023 START DATE: July 2023 LOCATION: Primary focus in Denton, Parker, Tarrant, and Wise counties; may travel to Collin, Dallas, Ellis, and Johnson counties. COMPENSATION: Full-time Independent Contractor of TWA (non-salaried position) REPORTS TO: Conservation Education Specialist and Director of Formal Education ABOUT TEXAS WILDLIFE ASSOCIATION’S CONSERVATION LEGACY: Conservation Legacy programs strive to empower and educate generations of Texans about land stewardship, engaging them in the natural world from the classroom to the great outdoors. Conservation Legacy programs deliver the private lands stewardship message using hands-on, science-based interactive lessons, and facilitate natural resource literacy by creating tangible relationships in the outdoors for K-12 students and teachers to utilize in formal and informal educational venues. The guiding objectives are to: (1) Foster a personal connection to wildlife and the land; (2) Facilitate agricultural and natural resource literacy by providing meaningful learning experiences within the outdoors; (3) Educate and empower Texans with scientific knowledge of fundamental ecological principles that apply to their life every day. GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position will involve working with all aspects of the Conservation Legacy (CL) Formal Education Program to accomplish the educational goals and objectives of the Texas Wildlife Association (TWA) and Texas Wildlife Association Foundation (TWAF) in the Greater Dallas/Fort Worth area. The Conservation Educator is part of the Conservation Legacy Program team and is responsible for 1) developing, promoting, and deploying TWA’s natural resources and private land stewardship lessons to youth (Grades K-8) in formal and informal educational venues and to formal and informal educators via workshops and professional networks; 2) creating awareness, imparting knowledge and appreciation of our natural resources and the importance of land stewardship to students and educators; 3) increasing an understanding of practical land management practices that promote wildlife conservation; 4) imparting skills, techniques, responsibilities, and values by promoting natural resource conservation education opportunities on private lands; 5) recruiting, educating, and providing leadership to volunteer leaders, urban residents, and youth participants about natural resources stewardship; and 6) providing, facilitating, coordinating, and highlighting events and activities of the Texas Wildlife Association. CONSERVATION EDUCATOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (1) Promote, deploy, evaluate, and assist in the development of “Wildlife by Design” classroom presentations for youth Grades K-8. Wildlife by Design presentations may take place at schools or at partner organization sites as part of their presentation programming. (2) Coordinate and facilitate Teacher Workshops for formal and informal educators. (3) Assist with local Student Land, Water & Wildlife Expeditions. (4) Promote the programs of Conservation Legacy and the Texas Wildlife Association. (5) Participate in local events to promote the programs of the Texas Wildlife Association. (6) Establish professional connections with area organizations and institutions to increase awareness of TWA and its programs. (7) Collaborate with the CL Team to develop and enhance the formal education programs. WORKING CONDITIONS: (1) Estimated 40 hours per week. (2) Variable work hours including some evenings and weekends. (3) Will work out of home office with available storage for equipment. (4) Frequent travel to and from activities and events, utilizing personal vehicle. (5) Will work in classrooms and the outdoors. (6) Use of personal computer, printer, and associated office supplies. (7) Must possess or be able to obtain a Texas Class “C” vehicle operator’s license. (8) Resides in the Greater Dallas/Fort Worth area, preferably in Denton, Parker, Tarrant, and Wise counties.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Education: Bachelor’s degree in wildlife, natural resources, or education with a natural science background. License: Must possess or be able to obtain a Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license. Experience preferred: (1) Passion for teaching youth in classroom and outdoor settings. (2) Knowledge of natural resources, natural resource issues, Texas flora and fauna, and the human/wildlife interface. (3) Experience in working with youth, teachers, and volunteers. (4) Familiar with basic computer programs (Zoom, Adobe, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google docs). (5) Knowledge of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) standards. (6) Experience teaching in formal and informal settings. (7) Experience in planning and implementing presentations, workshops, and public events. SELECTION CRITERIA: (1) Knowledge and personal experience related to hunting, conservation, land management, natural resource education and youth development. (2) Skilled oral and written communication, knowledge of written English, including grammar and punctuation with an ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in a courteous and professional manner. (3) Ability to deliver professional written and oral presentations to educators, landowners, youth and general public. (4) Ability to manage time effectively, organizing, and completing multiple tasks simultaneously. (5) Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits including being reliable, punctual, efficient and able to follow instructions. (6) Ability to be a ‘self-starter,’ work independently with minimal supervision, and exercise creativity and initiative in accomplishing tasks. (7) Ability to use personal computers with compatible word processing, spreadsheets, and database management software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, have Internet, and email experience. (8) Ability to maintain records and files and assist with preparation of reports and correspondence. (9) Ability to work cooperatively with educators, staff, members, and volunteers in a team environment. (10) Ability to assist with TWA’s and TWAF’s educational opportunities in a team environment. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (1) Cover letter referencing the position ‘Conservation Educator (Greater Dallas/Fort Worth area)’ (2) Resume and list of three (3) references must be submitted. (3) Must complete and satisfactorily pass a background check. (4) Contract must be signed upon hiring. SEND LETTER OF APPLICATION AND RESUME TO: Peggy Maxwell, Texas Wildlife Association, 6644 FM 1102, New Braunfels TX 78132 | email@example.com | Phone: 210-826-2904
- Contact Person
- Peggy Maxwell
- Contact Phone
- Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink .
Larc Technician, University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Posting Details Posting Number S04600P Position Title LARC Technician Functional Title LARC Technician Department Office of Research and Innovation Salary Range $35,360 Pay Basis M...
Asst Professor/Visiting Asst Professor Bus Economics, University of North Texas at Dallas, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Details Position Information UNT System Overview Welcome to the University of North Texas System . The UNT System includes the University of North Texas in Denton and Frisco , the Univer...
Maintenace Worker South Campus, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 11 days ago
Details Posted: 12-Sep-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Facilities//Maintenance/Trades Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 24190 Posting Number: S05126P Department: Facili...
Administrative Project Coordinator I, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 22 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Sep-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Administrative/Support Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 24172 Posting Number: S05119P Department: Management Sal...
Application Administrator Ii, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 25 days ago
Details Posted: 29-Aug-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 24097 Posting Number: S05096P Department: Information Te...
Maintenace Worker South Campus, University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Posting Details Posting Number S05126P Position Title Maintenace Worker - South Campus Functional Title Department Facilities Management Salary Range $36,400-$39,520 ($17.50-$19.00...