As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position is responsible for performing specialized radiologic procedures involving the application of prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis.
This position may be required to access and administer medications within their scope of practice and according to State Law.
- Performs CT and special procedures using CT scanners and angiographic high pressure injectors.
- Screens patients to eliminate potential problems with procedures.
- Performs angiographic or special interventional procedures.
- Completes and verifies all requests, charges, and drug logs to maintain supplies and ensure accurate documentation.
- Maintains the integrity of the equipment.
- Assists in the reduction of waste by properly utilizing the resources and materials provided.
- Approaches management with proposed solution to problems.
- Ensures that new procedures and protocols are implemented.
- Analyzes the images for quality.
- Performs venipuncture, care of IV’s, chest tubes, oxygen and catheters.
- Performs necessary radiology functions in programs PowerChart, Teletracking, RIS and Epic for business.
- Performs post processing and image reconstruction.
- Restocks supplies when time allows.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Ability to provide care to the population served.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and the ability to assess data regarding the patient’s status and provide care as described in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
- Demonstrated human relation and effective communications skills.
- Proficient in PowerChart, RIS and Epic for business.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card through American Heart Association or obtain within one month of hire.
- Current licensure to practice as a Radiologic Technologist in the State of Utah.
- ARRT Registration as a Radiologic Technician R.T. ( R) (ARRT).
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intensive work that may exert up to 100 pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects, such as medical equipment, or patients while providing medical care.
Lifting, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Standing, Walking