Project (Fixed Term)
The Community Health Worker will primarily be working out in the community with families . Additionally, this position will work closely with Score 1 nurses, medical providers, dental providers, and other agencies to improve access to primary medical, dental and vision care for Score 1 children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convey the purpose and service of program to families and the impact that program or service would have.
- Provide support, advocacy and education to parents and children in the greater Joplin area enrolled in Score 1
- Screen, enroll and support parents/children with health and social service needs
- Coach parents in effective management of their child’s health care
- Document activities, service plans, and results in an effective manner while strictly adhering to the policies and procedures in place
- Follow-up on health management/plan of care with both parents and providers
- Help parents in utilizing resources, including scheduling appointments, and assisting with completion of applications for programs for which they may be eligible
- Assist parents in accessing health related services
- Facilitate communication and coordinate services between providers
- Effectively work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in reducing cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the parents, children, providers, Score 1 outreach nurses, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff
- Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community resources, services and programs provided
- Represent department and the University favorably and in accordance with established Core Values and expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization and department
- High School Diploma required
- College coursework preferred
- Certificate from community health worker training program preferred
- Experience working in health, dental or social work setting preferred
- Good driving record with reliable transportation
- Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish) (desired)
- Strong working knowledge of health, social services and transportation systems in Joplin and surrounding areas.Requires flexibility to meet parent/guardian needs
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs, including Microsoft Office Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty, and staff. Our annual campus security report lists campus crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!
Teacher Candidate Supervisor, University of Kansas, United States, 8 days ago
16244BR Special Education Position Overview The University of Kansas, Department of Special Education, Early Childhood Unified Program anticipates openings for the position of University Superviso...
Limited Term Teacher Aide, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 3 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Limited Term Teacher Aide Classification Title Teacher Aide Position Number 01202633 Hours Per Week 40 Department Project Eagle Campus Location K...
Master Teacher, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 24 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Master Teacher Classification Title Program Manager Position Number M0204248 Hours Per Week Department Project Eagle Campus Location Kansas City ...
Gra, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 24 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title GRA Classification Title GRA/GTA Position Number 01203715 Hours Per Week 20 Department Pediatrics Campus Location Kansas City Metro Student Posit...
Kap Lecturer, University of Kansas, United States, about 23 hours ago
16297BR Mathematics Position Overview The Department of Mathematics of the University of Kansas invites qualified instructors with a record of excellence in teaching introductory mathematics cours...
Administrative Program Manager, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 24 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Administrative Program Manager Classification Title Senior Coordinator, Non-Exempt Position Number 01201508 Hours Per Week 40 Department Molecula...