Project (Fixed Term)
The Community Health Worker will primarily be working out in the community with families . Additionally, this position will work closely with Score 1 nurses, medical providers, dental providers, and other agencies to improve access to primary medical, dental and vision care for Score 1 children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convey the purpose and service of program to families and the impact that program or service would have.
- Provide support, advocacy and education to parents and children in the greater Joplin area enrolled in Score 1
- Screen, enroll and support parents/children with health and social service needs
- Coach parents in effective management of their child’s health care
- Document activities, service plans, and results in an effective manner while strictly adhering to the policies and procedures in place
- Follow-up on health management/plan of care with both parents and providers
- Help parents in utilizing resources, including scheduling appointments, and assisting with completion of applications for programs for which they may be eligible
- Assist parents in accessing health related services
- Facilitate communication and coordinate services between providers
- Effectively work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in reducing cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the parents, children, providers, Score 1 outreach nurses, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff
- Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community resources, services and programs provided
- Represent department and the University favorably and in accordance with established Core Values and expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization and department
- High School Diploma required
- College coursework preferred
- Certificate from community health worker training program preferred
- Experience working in health, dental or social work setting preferred
- Good driving record with reliable transportation
- Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish) (desired)
- Strong working knowledge of health, social services and transportation systems in Joplin and surrounding areas.Requires flexibility to meet parent/guardian needs
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs, including Microsoft Office Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty, and staff. Our annual campus security report lists campus crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!
Director Biodiversity Institute & Natural History Museum, Professor, University of Kansas, United States, about 4 hours ago
17429BR Biodiversity Institute Position Overview The University of Kansas seeks a director for the Biodiversity Institute (BI), which includes the KU Natural History Museum (KUNHM). The Biodivers...
Pool Teacher Candidate Supervisor, University of Kansas, United States, about 4 hours ago
16734BR Curriculum & Teaching Position Overview The University of Kansas, Department of Curriculum & Teaching anticipates openings for the position of University Supervisor in the 2020-2021 academ...
University Police Officer 1, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Department Office of University Police Job Posting Title University Police Officer-1 Job Description This is commissioned law enforcement work in providing police protection for a regent’s institu...
Administrative Specialist Kelly Center/ Student Health Center, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Department Kelly Center Job Posting Title Administrative Specialist - Kelly Center/ Student Health Center Job Description Position Description: The Administrative Specialist is responsible for or...
Academic Advisor Departments Of Leadership Studies, Criminal Justice, Philosophy, And Health And Human Performance, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Department Leadership Studies Job Posting Title Academic Advisor- Departments of Leadership Studies, Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Health and Human Performance Job Description Position Descrip...
20 111: Satellite Researcher And Science Coordinator, Colorado State University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Working Title 20-111: Satellite Researcher and Science Coordinator Position Location Kansas City, MO Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 202000528AP Position Type Adm...