Under general supervision of the Assistance Director of Engagement in the Recruitment, Outreach, Engagement and Events unit within the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts (CISA), the Community Engagement Coordinator plans, organizes and coordinates activities, functions and programs in accordance with priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications.
The Community Engagement Coordinator, will focus on internship oversite and coordination for the College of Integrative Sciences Arts working with students, site supervisors, and faculty, while bringing new opportunities to students by fostering and developing relationships with community partners.
Academic Advising Serv Poly
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$43,000 - $50,000 per year; DOE
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internship inquiries from both external and internal constituents
- Responsible for CISA internship course logistics including processing of applications, course enrollment, managing student timesheets, and site checks
- Provides supportive and timely-in person, phone, virtual via Zoom and email internship support to CISA students
- Establishes meaningful, structured internship opportunities for students with government, business, and non-profit organizations and monitors and provides guidance on internship compliance with department, university, and external policies and procedures.
- Sources local, national, and international internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students (including online students).
- Connects with university units (ie. Study Abroad, Career and Professional Development Services) in regards to internships
- Coordinates Undergraduate Student Research Opportunities
- Coordinates Humanities Lab enrollment and processing applications In partnership with CISA engagement coordinate, internship/career related programs including CISA’s Emerging Professionals Program, Career Panels, Professional Luncheons, etc.
- Provides supplemental support within Recruitment, Outreach, Engagement and Event
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of basic project management.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Skill in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working with diverse populations in higher education
- Experience in being organized and detail oriented
- Willingness to work on multiple campus locations
- An understanding of internship process in the Arizona State University system
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using time management, project management, and organizational skills
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effecting working relationships
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
ASU's College of Integrative Sciences and Arts values diversity, and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are home to innovative employees who are guided by educational access, student success, applied learning, and interdisciplinary inquiry. CISA has over 7,300 students in all levels of degree programs and nearly 250 faculty members. We understand that there are many paths to achieving a university education, and we build undergraduate and graduate degree programs and pathways that are flexible and relevant for a rapidly changing world. Please visit our website for additional information: https://cisa.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include dates of employment, job title, job duties, and name of employer for each position. Dates of employment in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94) are preferred in order to most accurately assess professional experience as it relates to the Minimum Qualifications for the position; if date information is not included in this format, you may be declined from the position if we are unable to determine your qualifications.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU (College of Integrative Sciences and Arts) will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four-year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
2023 Integrated Fire And Recreation (Ifr) Internship Candidates, Student Conservation Association, United States, about 1 month ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyStudent Conservation AssociationLocationMultipleJob CategoryInternshipsSalary$600/wkStart Date01/22/2023Last...
Pa Game Commission – Northwest Region 2023 Summer Internships, Pennsylvania Game Commission - Northwest Region, United States, 15 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPennsylvania Game Commission - Northwest RegionLocationMultiple - NW Region of PAJob CategoryInternshipsSala...
Health Education And Promotion Professional Ii (Pinal County, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 25 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Health Education and Promotion Professional II (Pinal County, AZ) Pinal County, AZ, United States | req13162 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Health Education and Pro...
Doctoral Student In Fire Safety (Pa2023/118) , University of Lund, Sweden, 1 day ago
The division of fire safety engineering conducts research and teaching that relates to fire and its consequences. Teaching takes place mainly at the Fire Protection Engineering program and the Int...
Senior Manager, New Business Development (Dc Or Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 24 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Senior Manager, New Business Development (DC or AZ) United States | req13185 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Senior Manager, New Business Development (DC or AZ) Post...
Sea Turtle Rehabilitation, Conservation, And Education Intern, Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center, United States, about 8 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyKaren Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation CenterLocationSurf City, NC, USAJob CategoryInternshipsSa...