Job TitleCommunications Specialist
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentCollege of Nursing
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum Salary$2,964.00 monthly
Job LocationBryan, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Texas A&M College of Nursing is looking for a Communications Specialist to serve as a member of the Marketing and Communications team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at Texas A&M University may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place
Job Description Summary: Serves as Communications Specialist for the Texas A&M University College of Nursing. Under general supervision, the Communications Specialist writes, edits, and assists in the production and design of informational and promotional materials for the college. Ensures the timely development and execution of content, digital media, news releases, social media, and other products promoting the name and brand recognition and public perception of the College of Nursing and its education, research, and service mission through strategic marketing channels. The Communication Specialist reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of project management.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Two years of communication and or marketing experience, including writing for print and web publications, magazines, newsletters, and experience developing and posting content on web sites.
- Experience posting social media and digital advertising campaigns.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using a content management system.
- Knowledge of university communications protocols, policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated writing abilities to include articles, web content, newsletters, brochures or marketing pieces.
- Confidence and experience in using social media for academic purposes.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities.
Communications and Marketing Duties
- Writes content for annual reports, brochures, flyers, news releases, newsletters, presentations, email campaigns, and web on the accomplishments of the college, its academic and outreach programs, personnel achievements, and student accomplishments.
- Assists with the creation of the communication materials and messages and other communication collateral that promotes and supports the college.
- Assists the college Office of Student Affairs in the development, creation, and production of recruitment and advertisements to increase student enrollment in existing and new programs.
- Assists leadership in reviewing and editing large documents and reports used for accreditation and other purposes.
- Assists Director with creating supportive marketing collateral and publishing e-newsletters to engage former students, solicit new donors and ensure website content regarding development initiatives is up-to-date.
- Assists with specialized projects, including the Center of Excellence in Forensic Nursing and those established through grant funding.
Public Awareness Duties
- Assists with college social media accounts to market the college’s strengths, programs, research initiatives, events, and faculty and student activities.
- Produces visual content to promote brand awareness of the college on the Bryan-College Station campus, the Round Rock campus, at college advising locations in Lufkin and McAllen, and on the college website and social media sites.
Outreach and Public Relations Duties
- Assists with press briefings, media interviews, advertising, promotional activities, and special events and community outreach activities.
- Assists the Director to develop media strategies, identify expert sources, develop pitches, facilitate interviews, provide media training and other media relations efforts.
- Assists faculty and staff with media interviews and media training.
Collaboration and Branding Duties
- Assists in maintaining a tracking system for project timelines and costs.
- Serves on various college and University committees as assigned.Arranges new coverage, photography, materials, production, etc.
- Assists with development of publications and graphic displays for events.
- Supports and encourages the use of the editorial style guide and brand guides established for consistency by Texas A&M University and Texas A&M Health.Collaborates Texas A&M Health and Texas A&M University Marketing and Communications Offices to maximize the use of available internal resources to convey a positive, professional image of the institution.
- Maintains accuracy of accreditation statements on all materials.
- Ensures that marketing and communications activities and services comply with University, State, and Federal regulations.
- Creates and disseminates messages that welcome and introduce new faculty and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by College of Nursing must have all job application data entered and must include the following attachments: resume, cover letter and list of references. Failure to provide all job application data and attachments could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Admissions Coordinator I, Texas A&M University System, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Admissions Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University System Offices Department Office Of Academic Affairs - RELLIS Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texa...
Marketing Manager, Digital Strategy And Insights, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Marketing Manager, Digital Strategy and Insights Agency Texas A&M University Department Marketing & Communications Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texa...
Communication Specialist Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title Communication Specialist II Agency Texas A&M University Department Academic Affairs Recruiting Office Proposed Minimum Salary $3,042.67 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Ty...
Contract Negotiator, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Contract Negotiator Agency Texas A&M University Department Vice Pres For Research Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Human Resources Manager Dallas, Fort Worth, Bryan/College Station, Texas A&M University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title Human Resources Manager - Dallas, Fort Worth, Bryan/College Station Agency Texas A&M University Department Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Stati...
Assistant And/Or Associate Director, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Assistant and/or Associate Director Agency Texas A&M University Department Vice Pres For Research Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...