The Communications Manager works with the senior associate dean and individual program directors to develop and implement communication strategy for the Office of International Programs and its four constituent programs. The Communications Manager is responsible for digital and print materials related to the office, as well as the content and management of the OIP website and social media accounts. This position involves regular engagement and collaboration with all OIP staff on various projects, including the planning and execution of large-scale events for the office. The Communications Manager advises OIP on communications policies and collaborates with campus partners to promote international news and activities.
Writing / Editing:
- Develops and manages the production of a wide range of print publications used in support of international programs.
- Develops targeted email content, posters, and flyers for a variety of programming and for various types of informational meetings related to international activities.
- Serves as associate editor of Princeton International, the University’s international magazine.
- Works in close collaboration with the Office of Communications and other related University offices to coordinate news and feature items related to OIP and its units.
- Collaborate with the Dean of the College on Office-wide communication needs.
- Consults with Office of Communications on the preparation of FAQs and other cross-campus university messaging needs on behalf of the Office of the Dean of the College.
- Responsible for OIP’s digital communications and social media strategy.
- Generates engaging written and visual content for OIP website and individual unit pages.
- Serves as project manager for web projects; develops and maintains existing site content.
- Collaborates with campus partners / web managers to ensure consistency of University messaging for international programs.
- Produces a weekly campus-wide e-newsletter for students.
- Evaluates effectiveness of OIP’s publicity using surveys, evaluations, and Google Analytics, and identifies opportunities to increase visibility of international programs.
- Working in collaboration with other members of OIP staff, the Communications Manager has primary responsibility for the planning, budgeting, and managing large-scale events for OIP.
In partnership with the Study Abroad Coordinator and the Study Abroad Team, the Communications Manager is responsible for co-planning, marketing, budgeting, and managing the University’s annual Study Abroad Fair, which hosts an average of 45 internal and external vendors and 600+ undergraduate students.
Other duties as assigned.
- At least four to six years of successful experience planning and implementing communications strategies in a fast-paced, team-based setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and substantial writing and editing experience; attention to detail.
- Basic proficiency with website platforms (Drupal), social media, marketing and outreach tools and graphic design photo, audio and video editing software.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams at the same time; ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines
- Ability/willingness to work some evenings and week-ends as needed
- Excellent judgment and discretion, especially pertaining to sensitive and confidential information.
- An advanced degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- Prior experience in Higher Education
- Experience working with undergraduates
- Experience traveling or working abroad.
For full consideration, please apply by 10/22/21.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. Princeton University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
Go to our careers site.
Assistant Dean Ii, Rutgers University, United States, 3 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Dean II Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department SEBS-Acad Programs & Research Overview The School of Environmental...
Instructional Technology Specialist (Learning And Development Supervisor), Rutgers University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Instructional Technology Specialist (Learning and Development Supervisor) Job Category Staff & Executive - Education and Training Department Institute fo...
Senior Edit/Media Specialist, Rutgers University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Senior Edit/Media Specialist Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department RUL Admin & Tech Svcs Overview Rutgers, The State Unive...
Program Coordinator I, Rutgers University, United States, 5 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Program Coordinator I Job Category Staff & Executive Department Intl Student Office - Cmd Overview Rutgers University–Camden is a diverse, research-inten...
Assistant Vice President For Global Affairs, Rutgers University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Vice President for Global Affairs Job Category Staff & Executive - Academic Affairs Department Rutgers Global Overview Rutgers Global is the un...
Training Support Specialist (Education & Prevention Coordinator), Rutgers University, United States, 16 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Training Support Specialist (Education & Prevention Coordinator) Job Category Staff & Executive - Education and Training Department Violence Prevention &...