Albert Einstein College of Medicine seeks a Development Writer to conceptualize, research, write, and / or edit both internal and external communications for an expanding Office of Development. S/he will work on a client model across Development departments to produce high quality, inspiring, best-of-class collateral for traditional and non-traditional media in service to engaging and informing donors, prospects, patients, and friends. Sample projects include but are not limited to:
- Funding proposals
- Pitch decks
- Gift agreements
- Naming agreements
- Event collateral
- Stewardship reports
- Acknowledgement letters
- Year-end institutional impact reports
- Annual appeals
- Internal newsletters
- External newsletters
- Einstein magazine articles
The Development Writer will maintain a departmental writing style guide and serve as the authoritative editorial voice of a busy, fast-paced office. This is an on-site position in the Bronx; remote work is not an option. Link to online portfolio required. This position reports to the Senior Director of External Relations
- Bachelor’s degree and at least six years of professional experience, preferably in a fundraising, healthcare, higher education, or other complex environment. Master of Fine Arts degree preferred.
- Impeccable writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Expertise in the use of the English language (grammar, punctuation, syntax).
- Ability to write in various leadership voices (for example, Vice President and Chief Development Officer, Dean, CEO).
- Proven record of working fast, smart and proactively across print, web, and other mediums while hitting all deadlines.
- Sees constructive criticism as a valuable part of the collaborative process.
- Possesses the talent, focus, and innovation to take projects—often, multiple at a time—from inception to reality.
- Ability to interact with colleagues across all levels in a mature, professional, and dependable fashion.
- Mastery of Microsoft programs.
- Experience interviewing subjects a plus.
Communications Officer, Columbia University, United States, 2 days ago
Position Summary The Columbia University Department of Systems Biology conducts interdisciplinary research focused on investigating biological complexity (http://systemsbiology.columbia.edu ). Our...
Communications Manager, Columbia University, United States, 2 days ago
Position Summary The Communications Manager serves as the chief communications officer of the School and editor in chief of the School’s digital platforms. As such, he or she leads the process for...
Communications Analyst, New York University, United States, 14 days ago
Develop and implement marketing initiatives that support prospective student lead generation, admitted student yield, and social media engagement with multiple audiences. Contributes to the planni...
Assistant Director Of Public Relations , Hofstra University, United States, 1 day ago
Assistant Director of Public Relations School/Division: Office of University Relations Office: Office of University Relations Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-Time About Hofstra Hofstra University is ...
Communications Coordinator, Columbia University, United States, 2 days ago
Position Summary Reporting to the Executive Director for Communications, the Communications Coordinator provides administrative and editorial support to the University Life communications team, in...
Unified Communications Manager, Columbia University, United States, 2 days ago
Position Summary Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Engineering the Unified Communications (UC) Manager will manage the team responsible for the design and engineering of Columbia Universit...