GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Manager of Communication Technologies or designee, the Communication Technology Analyst is responsible for managing the UMass Medical School Mobile Device Program, Licensing for Applications for Web Conferencing and other applications supported by IT Customer Services. This includes, but is not limited, to being the principal contact between Communication Technologies and Customers and provides analysis of monthly vendor bills and usage and recommends changes to ensure the efficiencies and adhere to the School Policy. The Communication Technology Analyst is responsible for performing a variety of operational duties, such as, cell phone activation and delivery to customer, and analysis on various Software provided to UMass Medical School Employees and Students.
- Mobile Device Management – Actively engages in continuous improvement recommending content, solutions, or alternative processes that may improve the customer experience or our operational efficiencies
- Perform monthly analysis of rate plans and usage and recommends actions while adhering to the Medical Schools policies and efficiencies
- Provide basic to highly complex technical support to resolve wireless carrier activation/set up, configuration and usability questions for end customers. Troubleshoots hardware and service problems and facilitates carrier support calls as necessary
- Process, assign, and monitor licenses for chargeback, run reports for departments on usage for Web Based Conferencing applications, and other Software supported by IT Customer Services
- Stay up to date and keeps close relationships with all vendors to ensure knowledge of new devices and opportunities for better program management in a timely manner
- Initiate and implement new procedures and processes for both Mobile Devices, Conferencing Systems and applications. Develop and write procedure manuals, revises as required
- Provide training one on one and in scheduled group meetings. Create training instructions using videos and written documentation for cell phones, Web based applications, video conferencing and other applications as needed
- Participate in the implementation of new applications, software, and provide post-implementation support
- Responsible for the efficient use of the business issued Mobile Devices, customer consultation, training, scheduling, licensing, and problem resolution
- Plan and coordinate all services and the timely resolution of all Mobile Device changes and problems
- Serve as one of the primary Specialists for the University issued cell phones and associated conferencing systems.
- Maintain Communication Technologies Web pages
- Member of scrum team whose responsibility it is to maintain and manage conference rooms and amphitheaters, make sure the room is clean and equipment is working properly
- Contribute to the development of organizational goals and objectives of IT
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience in a technical support environment
- Strong Analytical skills for monthly bill and usage efficiencies
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word etc…
- Strong experience resolving wireless carrier technical issues
- Broad skills in mobile wireless technologies carrier device activation, deployment and support experience (mobile devices/browsers, iPhone, etc.)
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues, use common sense, and the ability to think on your feet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong desire to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Must be a logical thinker and understand the concept of mobility synchronization products and services.
- High regard for accessing confidential information.
- Business and Enterprise Cell Phone carrier products/services background
- Experience in audio conferencing and webinar conference applications.
- Previous experience with help desk ticketing software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer support and training
199244 Director Of Student Accounts And University Bursar, Clark University, United States, 24 days ago
Clark University Director of Student Accounts and University Bursar Job Code 199244 Financial Services Full-time, 40 hours, 12 months Clark University’s Financial Services Department seeks to fill...
Systems Developer, Clark University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Information Technology Services: Systems Developer Code: 199854 Clark University Systems Developer 199854 Information Technology Services Full-time/ 40hours/ 12-months Clark University’s Informati...
Client Services Assistant, Tufts University, United States, about 1 month ago
Client Services Assistant - (19001241) Description This is a part time position anticipated to work 21 hours per week. The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care fo...
Assistant Director Of Marketing/ Communications And Campaign Management, Worcester State University, United States, 17 days ago
OFFICIAL TITLE: Assistant Director of Marketing/Communications & Campaign Management SUPERVISION RECEIVED : Director of Marketing SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Staff Associate for Brand and Campaig...
199576 Office Coordinator, Clark University, United States, 22 days ago
Clark University Office Coordinator 199576 Geography Full-time/ 37.5 hours/ 12 month Clark University’s Geography Department seeks to fill the position of Office Coordinator. Reporting to the Depa...
Administrative Assistant, Clark University, United States, about 10 hours ago
University Advancement : Administrative Assistant Code: 199947 Clark University Administrative Assistant Job Code 199947 University Advancement Full-time/ 40 hours/12 month Clark University’s Un...