Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation.
- Mass Audubon Coastal Waterbird Program
- Barnstable, MA
- Job Category
- Temporary/Seasonal Positions
- Hourly rate of pay is $15.00-$15.50 depending on experience.
- Start Date
- Last Date to Apply
- Mass Audubon is seeking to fill a seasonal Assistant Field Coordinator position to conduct research, monitoring, management, and protection of coastal birds and other natural resources, and to train and supervise staff and volunteers in these activities. For more information, visit www.massaudubon.org/cwp This is a full-time position running from March 7th through September 16 based out of the Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, Barnstable (covering field sites on Cape Cod, Buzzards Bay, Boston, and the North Shore.) Duties & Responsibilities Include: -Reports to the Coastal Water Bird Program Field Coordinator and Program Manager -Coordinate and support Coastal Water Bird Program field crews (approximately 2 crews) of field assistants and volunteers to meet research, wildlife management and education objectives of the program -Serve as Crew Leader for Yarmouth or other crew, train field assistants and volunteers to meet research, wildlife management and education objectives of the Coastal Water Bird Program -Train and supervise field assistants and volunteers in collection and management of biological data on nesting, foraging and migrating species of coastal water birds; accomplish the wildlife management objectives of the Coastal Water Bird Program including protocols for predator and vegetation management; train and supervise staff to accomplish education objectives including to land owners and managers, community groups, and the public -Accomplish the wildlife management and education objectives of the Coastal Water Bird Program -Establish and cultivate relationships with public and private landowners, and with beach managers on regional beaches; educate beachgoers about coastal wildlife protection on a daily basis -Assist in management of databases including abundance, productivity and behavioral data; create GIS/Google Earth maps of coastal resources -Compile data for state plover, tern, and oystercatcher census forms and write summary reports for specific sites on results and management activities -Supervise and conduct research on special projects as directed -Other tasks as directed Work Schedule: This is a seasonal position starting on March 7, 2022 and ending on September 16, 2022. In March and September, the schedule is M-F 8 am to 4 pm. The schedule is much more variable from April-August and will include weekend days and two weekdays off. From April-August, the hours are typically still 8 hours/day with some early mornings and later shifts depending on field season needs. Holidays, including Memorial Day and July 4th are required for all CWP staff. Field travel reimbursement will be provided. This is not a benefits eligible position. Please send a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Interviews will begin immediately. Please label your materials with your first and last name.
- Must Have’s: -Applicants should have a B.S. or B.A. or higher in wildlife biology/management, ecology, zoology, environmental science, or related field, or equivalent experience, as well as 6-12 months previous supervisory experience -Six to 12 months prior experience with piping plover/tern/avian field monitoring, data collection and management required -Applicants should have demonstrated experience utilizing judgment in field-based wildlife research and management projects -Experience in behavioral data collection, band-reading, wildlife tracking, coastal wildlife management issues, and GIS mapping preferred -Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) -Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing -Must be able to work long hours outside in all weather conditions and be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs across varied and sandy terrain. -Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and irregular hours (dependent upon wildlife and weather) -Must have access to a vehicle for daily driving between sites Nice to Have’s: -Small boat-handling experience preferred
- Contact Person
- Lyra Brennan
- Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink .
Comments are closed.
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor* In The Anatomy And Physiology Of Domestic Animals, SLU (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences), Sweden, 19 days ago
The Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry is part of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science. The department provides first-cycle courses and programmes and doctoral st...
Researcher/Senior Researcher Palaeoecology Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Whenua, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Manaaki Whenua's Long Term Ecology laboratory, a leading hub in palaeoecological research, is seeking to recruit a specialist palaeoecologist to work at the interface between palaeoecological and ...
Associate Professor Of Resource Economics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 20 days ago
Department of Food and Resource Economics Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen invites applicatio...
211 0403/22 2 E Associate Professor Of Resource Economics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Associate Professor ofResource Economics Department of Food and Resource Economics Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science, Un...
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor* In The Anatomy And Physiology Of Domestic Animals, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
The Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry The Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry is part of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science. The department prov...
211 0121/22 2 N Tenure Track Assistant Professor Of Resource Economics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Tenure-track assistant Professor ofResource Economics Department of Food and Resource Economics Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty o...