Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Clinical Trials Coordinator, Memory Disorders Program – Department of Neurology – Georgetown University Medical Center
The mission of the Georgetown University Memory Disorders Program is to prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias by conducting innovative research, educating and training healthcare professionals and the public on research advances, and offering state-of-the-art clinical care.
The Clinical Trials Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of recruitment, enrollment and follow-up procedures for the Memory Disorders Program clinical trials; and participates in clinical trial set up, execution, documentation, education/recruitment, and general data management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitors recruitment and retention, adherence to study visit schedule, timely data entry and compliance with all study procedures.
- Administers patient interview, chart review and data organization using various web-based databases.
- Prepares for and facilitates research and monitoring visits, as well as administer cognitive testing to subjects.
- Manages multiple local and multi-center clinical trials, applying detail orientation and a solid base of management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Applies their working knowledge of compliance policies with respect to the clinical regulatory environment.
- Acts as liaison with clinicians, pharmaceutical companies and the federally funded Alzheimer’s Disease Therapeutic Institute (ATRI) to implement trials
- Corresponds directly with study sponsors to facilitate subject participation, submits subject visit information; and resolves data queries.
- Provides support to the Principal Investigator, co-investigators, and all other study collaborators for neurology clinical trials.
- The coordinator is responsible for all aspects of recruitment, enrollment and follow-up procedures for the Neurology Department Memory Disorders Program clinical trials.
- Maintains and facilitates regulatory documents, including IRB submissions, together with the Regulatory Coordinator.
- Assists with sponsor invoicing to ensure accurate collection of payment for all trial-related procedures.
- Obtains and retains all necessary professional certifications in order to effectively perform their duties.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Trials for Neurology, the Clinical Trials Coordinator supports the Principal Investigator, co-investigators, and all other study collaborators for Memory Disorders Program clinical trials. They collaborate with PIs, fellows, subjects and all team members to conduct safe, accredited clinical trials in the Department of Neurology; and interacts with patients, sponsors, and Clinical Research Organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree with one year of related experience or Master’s degree
- At least 1 year of health-related or research experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to work independently and collaboratively with investigators and subjects
- Attention to detail and self-directed with a solid base of management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to demonstrate successful track record using analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communication professionally and clearly
- Working knowledge of compliance policies with respect to the clinical regulatory environment
- Solid writing skills including grammar, punctuation, composition, and spelling
- Computer proficiency with – and demonstrated knowledge of - PC software programs, including Windows, MS Office, Internet and email
Work Mode: On Campus. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation .
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website .
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center .
Instructor Welding Day Or Eve, Charter College, United States, 2 days ago
SHARE YOUR WELDING KNOWLEDGE - JOIN US AS AN INSTRUCTOR! Charter College, a fast growing career college in Vancouver, WA has established Welding Programs at our campus! We are seeking enthusiasti...
Instructor Hvac Full Time, Charter College, United States, 2 days ago
SHARE YOUR HVAC KNOWLEDGE - JOIN US AS AN INSTRUCTOR! Charter College, a fast growing career college in Vancouver, WA is now adding more HVAC classes at our campus! We are seeking enthusiastic in...
Graduate Academic Coordinator, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Title: 1484-NN - Academic Coordinator/Advisor 1 Business Title: Graduate Academic Coordinator, Vancouver Campus Additional Titles: Location: WSU VANCOUVER CAMPUS Employee Type: Admin. Professional...
Director Of Pharmacy Technician Program / Advising Pharmacist, Charter College, United States, 4 days ago
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY TECHNICIAN PROGRAM ADVISING PHARMACIST PHARMACY TECHNICIAN PROGRAM JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION DESCRIPTION The Director of Pharmacy Technician Program / Advising Pharmacist assis...
Supervisory Fish Biologist, Gs 482 12: Vancouver, Washington, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, United States, 22 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Fish & Wildlife ServiceLocationVancouver, WashingtonJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$84,923 - $110...
Medical School Administrative Assistant, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Title: 105F-YN - Administrative Assistant 2 Business Title: Medical School Administrative Assistant, Vancouver Campus Additional Titles: Location: WSU VANCOUVER CAMPUS Employee Type: Classified Jo...