Title:165-NN_FACULTY - Clinical Associate Professor - Career
Business Title:Clinical Track Associate/Full Professor, Director of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN, pre-licensure) Program
Additional Titles:166-NN_FACULTY - Clinical Professor - Career
Location:WSU SPOKANE CAMPUS
Employee Type:Faculty (+) (Fixed Term)
Job Family:Faculty - Academic - Not OT Eligible
Washington State University Spokane (WSU Spokane), one of six campuses of the Research-Intensive, land-grant Washington State University (WSU) system, seeks an innovative leader to serve as the Director of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN, pre-licensure) Program in the College of Nursing.
A successful candidate will strategically manage the program, as well as support ongoing development of the faculty in the integration of teaching/learning technology. This is an exceptional opportunity for a person who wants to make a significant difference working collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff within of the College of Nursing across all campuses and WSU Health Sciences, as it continues to create both knowledge and community impact across the state of Washington and beyond. This position is located in Spokane, WA.
- Oversees the pre-licensure (PL) BSN program on all WSU College of Nursing campuses, including curriculum design, implementation, and evaluation; clinical placements; faculty development, evaluation, and teaching assignments.
- Partners with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in maintaining program accreditation, and regulatory standards.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of the Center for Student Excellence on student admission, progression, retention, and graduation.
- Works collaboratively with the Assistant Dean for Experiential Learning to design and implement high quality, consistent simulation, and technical skills training.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Clinical Affairs to plan and secure clinical placements
- Facilitates communication, partnerships, and efficiencies across BSN faculty.
- Monitors trends in pre-licensure BSN education and practice and provides leadership for PL BSN program expansion, diversification, and refinement.
- Monitors and promotes continuous quality improvement/internal standards for the PL BSN program.
- Mentors PL BSN lead-faculty to assure the highest quality education for students.
- Provides leadership in development of PL BSN accreditation and regulatory reports.
- Collaboratively develops long- and short-term student resource plans to facilitate student success with the Office of Academic Affairs and the Center for Student Excellence.
- Works with the administrative team in promoting state-wide and national recognition for the PL BSN program.
- Communicates programmatic and faculty resource needs with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and the Executive Leadership team.
- Represents the program to external constituents that impact pre-licensure education.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) AND either a Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) or PhD in Nursing degree.
- Candidates must be eligible to hold an unencumbered RN license in Washington.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in progressive academic leadership and exhibited strength in both scholarship and teaching.
- A minimum of two years’ experience leading BSN pre-licensure programs.
- Demonstrated experience in developing new and innovative approaches in nursing education.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with industry partners and alumni to benefit teaching, scholarship and outreach programs.
- Experience with accreditation and reporting requirements of BSN programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and the support of students from diverse populations and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience integrating inter-professional education activities/opportunities into PL BSN curriculum.
- Digital education experience, including the use of multiple digital or technology-supported teaching/learning platforms and mechanisms.
- Leading BSN programs at a Research-intensive, health sciences center.
- Leading BSN programs that have embedded research and clinical scholarship opportunities.
- Knowledge of Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission (NCQAC) standards for RN professional education and practice in the state of Washington.
Campus: Washington State University Health Sciences | Spokane
Area/College: College of Nursing
City, State, Zip: Spokane, Washington, 99202
Department Link: https://nursing.wsu.edu/
Annual Salary: $54,409-$253,672
In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate’s current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position or as mandated by a U.S. Department of Labor prevailing wage determination.
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts. For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for Faculty visit: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2022-Benefit-Overview-for-Faculty-and-AP.pdf . Find total compensation information here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/ .
Tenure Track: This position will not be considered for tenure track or tenured rank.
Temporary End Date: This is a temporary position expected to end June 30, 2024. Renewal is dependent on the need for extension and/or if additional funding is secured to extend employment.
Screening Begin Date: January 1, 2023; open until filled
This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) a cover letter discussing education and experience as related to the required and preferred qualifications, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) a statement about contributions to equity, diversity and inclusion, and 4) names and contact information for four professional references. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
1) Cover Letter
2) Curriculum Vitae
3) Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
4) Contact information for four (4) professional references
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Associate Dean College Of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, Eastern Washington University, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Associate Dean - College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Posting Number 2023001EP Position Information Classification Title Associa...
Hr Consultant 1, Eastern Washington University, United States, 17 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Working Title HR Consultant 1 Posting Number 2022081CP Position Information Classification Title HR Consultant 1 Classification Code 119E RCW Exemption Criteria No ...
Hr Consultant 1 Leave Administration, Eastern Washington University, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Posting Details Working Title HR Consultant 1 - Leave Administration Posting Number 2022081CP Position Information Classification Title HR Consultant 1 Classification Code 119E RCW...
Assistant Football Coach Offensive Line, Eastern Washington University, United States, 17 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Assistant Football Coach - Offensive Line Posting Number 2023006EP Position Information Classification Title Asst Football Coach Working Title Assist...
Asst Football Coach Wide Receivers, Eastern Washington University, United States, 22 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Asst Football Coach - Wide Receivers Posting Number 2023003EP Position Information Classification Title Asst Football Coach Working Title Asst Footba...
Assistant Football Coach Running Backs, Eastern Washington University, United States, 17 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Assistant Football Coach - Running Backs Posting Number 2023007EP Position Information Classification Title Asst Football Coach Working Title Assista...