Psychiatry SFGH-Division of Citywide Case Management Programs – Citywide Flexible Housing Pool Team
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Supervisor of the Citywide Flexible Housing Pool Team, the Clinical Social Worker I/II (CSW I/II) works with high risk mentally ill and/or substance abusing clients to provide housing navigation, housing stabilization, eviction prevention services and links to appropriate outpatient services. The CSW I/II coordinates closely with multidisciplinary, tiered case management team to provide individualized care to at-risk clients in the scattered site Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool Program funded by Tipping Point and Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing.
The candidate demonstrates a commitment to anti-racism, social justice and the ability to engage and respect a diverse community of clients and peers. The individual will assist with providing intensive clinical case management, psychotherapy, crisis intervention and 5150 services, substance abuse treatment, and psycho education; intake, assessment, service planning and consultation; coordinates closely with housing providers, core partners Brilliant Corners and other outside providers to develop successful treatment strategies; treatment advocacy and coordination with other agencies. The candidate tracks client contacts, assessments, and referrals and evictions through the SF One System, electronic health records and Avatar Billing System.
Work location: 982 Mission, SF.
The job will involve the ability to lift 50 lbs., walking and climb stairs.
Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG) is dedicated to providing services that integrates medical, psychiatric, and addiction treatment. ZSFG is the largest provider of acute psychiatric care and the only San Francisco provider of psychiatric emergency care.
• Master’s degree in social work, psychology or related field from an accredited university and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
• Experience working with severely mentally ill adults, the homeless and dual diagnosed populations
• Experience doing community-based case management and the ability to do outreach including to SRO hotels and scattered site housing locations
• Case Management experience
• Ability to work with clients and program staff from diverse cultural and social class backgrounds
• Understanding of mental health issues and sensitivity toward mental health clients
• Able to efficiently prepare written summaries of activities, set priorities and complete reports within required timeframes. Knowledge of medical and/or psychiatric terminology
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others. Ability to work in a high stress, high volume area and work well under pressure and with deadlines. Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately, and be detailed oriented
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
• A preliminary job offer and assignment may be extended pending successful background clearance
CSW II: In addition to above,
• Possession of the requirements necessary for application for licensure as determined by the California Board of Behavioral Science; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
Note: Physical/health screening required.
• Possession of the requirements necessary for application for licensure as determined by the California Board of Behavioral Science
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
009314 CLIN SOCIAL WORKER 2
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX)
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Director Of The Undergraduate Advising Center (Administrator Ii) Division Of Undergraduate Education And Academic Planning, The California State University, United States, 25 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505086 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 22, 2021 Closing Date: September 21, 2022 Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply O...
Student Services Coordinator, University of the Pacific, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Job Title Student Services Coordinator Union Level V Department Student Services (SF) Campus San Francisco Posting Number 201302544P Full or Part Time Full Time Number of Months 12...
Nurse Practitioner (Nurse Practitioner) Student Health Services, The California State University, United States, 40 minutes ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505832 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 15, 2021 Closing Date: October 14, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7,...
Fiscal & Personnel Services Specialist (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt Ii) Division Of Campus Safety, The California State University, United States, 20 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505171 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 27, 2021 Closing Date: September 26, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5...
Assistant Vice Provost, Enrollment Data Management, University of San Francisco, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title: Assistant Vice Provost, Enrollment Data Management Job Summary: The University of San Francisco, a Jesuit Catholic university, is searching for an innovative and dedicated individual to...
Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional Ii) Division Of Undergraduate Education And Academic Pla, The California State University, United States, 11 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505642 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 6, 2021 Closing Date: October 5, 2022 Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit...