Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
The Position of the HIV Healthcare Navigator and Data Coordinator (HHCN) is the face of the IDC Ryan White New Patient Intake office. Using principles of HIPPA, Trauma-Informed Care and population health-based methods the HHCN provides timely access to care for patients with HIV and facilitates long-term engagement in care to improve outcomes for population health.
Indirect report to: Ryan White Clinical Research Director
Direct report to: Intake Benefit and Eligibility Coordinator
HIV Health Care Navigator for the Ryan White Program and the IDC.
- Coordinates new patient intake appointments for HIV Treatment and HIV PrEP ensuring equal access to Ryan White program for all eligible patients
- Access point for all HIV referral phone calls from providers, community agencies and patient self-referrals.
- Establish relationships with patients using trauma informed care principles to maximize access and retention in care.
- Meaningful use documentation in the EMR per New Patient Intake requirements.
- Collaboration with LSW, community health professionals, and Intake Coordinator to proactively address potential barriers to care that may impact appointment attendance. (Transportation, insurance, food insecurity, homelessness, etc)
- Assist with patient re-engagement initiatives.
- Attend New Patient Rounds every week.
- Attends weekly collaborative care meetings.
- Collect and report data on new patient intakes using SmartForm.
- Assist with treatment and appointment adherence by performing reminder calls, sending text messages, and collaborating with providers as needed to address patients with special needs.
- Assist with maintenance of food pantry and providing food to patients when requested.
Essential Functions Continued
Quality Control/grant compliance Coordination
- Assist in the planning, evaluation and coordination of IDC Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Activities including, but not limited to, grant funded CQI and research projects.
- Assist with data collection of quality measures required by the Cincinnati Health Network/Ryan White Part C program.
- Responsible for assisting with collection of annual income and insurance information of Ryan White patients.
- Utilization of EPIC and Careeverywhere to manually collect data and enter data into Careware. quality measures.
- Ensure compliance with contract principles, federal regulations, laws and University of Cincinnati (UC)/University of Cincinnati Physicians Company (UCPC) policy and operating procedures; liaison with medical staff, university departments, ancillary departments, satellite facilities, IRB, and industry contacts; may serve as a resource person or act as a consultant within area of clinical and/or community expertise.
- Attends monthly CQI Ryan White Meetings, staff meetings, and ad hoc meetings as assigned.
- Participate fully as a vital member of the IDC Team to ensure continued success and growth of the unit and to ensure high quality patient care.
- Vital member of the Community Advisory Board; Provides administrative support for the CAB.
- Other duties as delegated by IDC Intake Coordinator, Clinical Research Director or IDC Medical Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree must be in a related field.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
MATEC HIV training – assigned upon hire.
- One (1) year of related experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience in an academic or clinical setting in the area of clinical specialization.
- Population health with HIV, addiction, and/or trauma informed care.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Epa Fellowship For Environmental Economics Research: Ohio, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United States, 9 minutes ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)LocationCincinnati, OHJob CategoryInternshipsSalaryTBDLast Date to...
Epa Internship For Molecular Biology Laboratory Research: Ohio, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United States, 4 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)LocationCincinnati, OhioJob CategoryInternshipsSalaryTBDLast Date ...
Wildlife Technician – Cincinnati, Oh, Plunkett's Pest Control, United States, 9 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPlunkett's Pest ControlLocationCincinnati, OH, USA 41011Job CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOELast Date to...
Dual Credit Part Time Aviation Faculty, Eastern Kentucky University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Summary Position Title Dual Credit-part time Aviation faculty Position Type Part Time Faculty Position Category PT Faculty Position required to go into K-12 school Yes it's...
Extension Agent For Horticulture Boone County, University of Kentucky, United States, 20 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Extension Agent for Horticulture - Boone County Requisition Number RE35938 Working Title Department Name 81C07: KCES Region Central Area 07 Work Location ...
Public Safety/Emergency Prep Lead, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 7 days ago
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred. Degree requirement may be waived if the candidate brings a minimum of 10 years of experience in higher education or public sector public safety (...