Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
The Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (HDFCCC) is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) to join the Pediatric Oncology/Hematology research team.
The CRC will perform independently to execute, manage, and coordinate research protocols for the Neuro-Oncology Program, as directed by the Lead Clinical Research Coordinator and/or the Principal Investigator (PI), and/or the Research Personnel Manager for the Investigational Trials Unit. The individual will coordinate the operations and data collection of several concurrent clinical research studies under the guidelines of research protocols, UCSF and regulating agency policies.
The CRC’s duties may include, but will not be limited to, supporting the management and coordinating the tasks of single or multiple clinical research studies (sponsored, cooperative group, and investigator-initiated studies), depending on their size and complexity; act as intermediary between services and departments while overseeing data and specimen management; manage and report on study results; create, clean, update, and manage databases and comprehensive datasets and reports; help assure compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies; oversee study data integrity; implement and maintain periodic quality control procedures; interface with departments to obtain UCSF approval prior to study initiation; assist in maintaining relevant regulatory documents in partnership with the Regulatory department and Pacific Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Consortium (PNOC); report study progress to investigators; participate in any internal and external audits or reviews of study protocols.
The job will involve the ability to sit and work at a computer for several hours per day; ability to stand for several hours of the day.
UCSF HELEN DILLER FAMILY COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER
The UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (HDFCCC) or Cancer Center combines basic science, clinical research, epidemiology/cancer control and patient care from throughout the University of California, San Francisco system.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• HS graduation and sufficient experience and demonstrated skills to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities
• Attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with subjects, team members, other departments and outside institutions; and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse subject population
• Ability to work well independently, complete projects in a timely manner, and prioritize multiple projects to ensure the completion of essential tasks by deadlines
• Prior analytical and writing skills in a science/research environment
• Fluency in the usage of Committee of Human Research (CHR) online iMedRIS system for submission, renewal, and modification of protocols through this system
• Understanding of patient population to create rapport and a relationship, while also giving insight to what is realistic and appropriate for patient participation
• Experience with electronic medical records
• Knowledge of UCSF and departmental policies for dealing with reimbursement, guidelines for research, confidentiality and HIPPA regulations, following the UCSF mission statement and purpose for research, and clear understanding of policies and procedures on patient safety and confidentiality (electronic and hard copy medical records, patient charts, communication, etc.)
• Knowledge of medical terminology, research policies and guidelines, guidelines for packing/shipping infectious substances, database building/analysis, and data management within some of the following: Access, Stata, SASS/ SPSS, and Teleform programming platforms
• Knowledge of clinical research in oncology
• Knowledge and experience in managing oncology clinical trials
• Membership in a clinical research professional society
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of research, especially in the areas of biological sciences
• Prior experience with various computer programs (Microsoft Office; Internet-based databases) and using specialized software such as OnCore
• Experience in clinical research or demonstrated research or training experience that translates into a clinical research setting
• Familiarity with specimen processing, or demonstrated ability to learn specimen processing in a laboratory environment
• Working knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to learn federal, state, and local research regulations and guidelines, and research practice methods in a laboratory or clinical setting
• Knowledge of medical terminology, and/or the ability to apply information to the assessment, interpretation, and processing of medical data
• Ability to independently interpret and apply policies, respond to requests, resolve issues, and provide assistance to faculty and staff at all levels in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to work with a sensitive population of patients (oncology patients)
• Ability to work across several different programs, reporting to two - three different supervisors
• Experience applying the following regulations and guidelines:
Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
Health Information and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
The Protection of Human Research Subjects
CHR regulations for recruitment and consent of research subjects
Effective Cash Handling Procedures
Environmental Health and Safety Training
Fire Safety Training
• May need to travel between one or more campuses via UCSF shuttle
Job Code and Payroll Title
9335 Clinical Research Coordinator
Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Assistant Research Data Scientist – Berkeley Institute For Data Science (Bids), University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 8 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Assistant Research Data Scientist – Berkeley Institute for Data Science (BIDS) (JPF02139) Assistant Research Data Scientist – Berkeley Institute ...
Junior Specialist Cognition And Action Laboratory Department Of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 8 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Junior Specialist - Cognition and Action Laboratory - Department of Psychology (JPF02124) Junior Specialist - Cognition and Action Laboratory - D...
Bsl Program Coordinator (7377 U) #26673, University of California, United States, about 15 hours ago
Manages, plans and administers a range of administrative operations in the Berkeley Seismology Lab (BSL) -- a small to medium non-academic department or program: • Administrative operations includ...
Breakthrough Listen Administrator (7376 U) #26641, University of California, United States, 5 days ago
• Administers a defined operational program or activities which may include some of the following functions: finance, facilities, payroll, space planning, student services, human resources, commun...
Grants Accounting Analyst (6206 U) #26733, University of California, United States, about 16 hours ago
• Accurately conducts award setup, modification, and administration: including review award documents for appropriate dates, Sponsor Codes, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) codes, rep...
Award Analyst (6206 U) #26239, University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 17 hours ago
• Accurately conducts award setup, modification, and administration: including review of award documents for appropriate dates, sponsor codes, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) codes, ...