About City of Hope
City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the U.S. and one of the leading research centers for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope research has been the basis for numerous breakthrough cancer medicines , as well as human synthetic insulin and monoclonal antibodies. With an independent, National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center at its core, City of Hope brings a uniquely integrated model to patients spanning cancer care, research and development, academics and training, and innovation initiatives. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. City of Hope’s affiliated family of organizations includes Translational Genomics Research Institute and AccessHopeTM . For more information about City of Hope, follow us on Facebook , Twitter , YouTube , Instagram and LinkedIn .
The Clinical Trial Office (CTO) assists COH investigators with the management of research studies involving human subjects. Under the direction of the Vice President, Clinical Research Operations and the CTO leadership team with input from the Disease Team Chairs and the Study Investigators, the staff of the CTO coordinates activities to support multiple research studies of all phases. This is an onsite, client-facing position in Irvine.
Clinical Research Coordinators (CRC) are responsible for maintaining data integrity of multiple assigned research studies. They are responsible for abstracting data, completing case report forms (CRFs) and answering queries. They schedule and meet with sponsor monitor visits and maintain data in an audit ready state, meeting the requirements of the contract. CRCs are also responsible for ensuring compliance to the research protocol and all appropriate regulations. It is their responsibility to create and maintain the research record and maintenance of patient information in the clinical trials management system (CTMS).
The CRC must be well versed in Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, NIH guidelines, and HIPAA regulations. If not already, s/he must become familiar with institutional policy and procedures regarding conducting multiple clinical research trials. Develop and maintain knowledge of institutional protocol submission procedures and requirements. The CRC must be able manage multiple medium to high complexity research projects ensuring quality research conduct, achievement of expected time lines and deliverables, and efficient use of human and practical resources. The CRC must be able to work as a member of the clinical research team with positive and timely written and verbal communication, including sharing information up, down and laterally. This includes communicating protocol deviations or issues with study execution. They are to ensure protocol adherence by understanding, communicating and making sure the study parameters are ordered and carried out per protocol requirements. The CRC seeks supervision appropriately, prioritizes appropriately, completes work in a timely manner and demonstrates accuracy in all details.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensures all protocol procedures are ordered and completed as specified in the protocol.
- Assembles lab kits and other supplies in preparation to obtain required bio-specimen samples and transports to appropriate laboratories for processing; ships samples externally according to IATA requirements.
- Optimizes the safety of research subjects by ensuring any adverse events (AE) are appropriately reported to the sponsor, study team and institution according to protocol and regulatory requirements.
- Abstracts data from the medical record and completes paper and electronic CRFs including responding to any requests for data clarification.
- Ensures data accuracy with source documentation.
- Ensures documentation processes are followed according to GCP.
- Maintains all necessary patient source documents for assigned studies.
- Obtains data, including images, specimens and medical records, from outside facilities, as needed.
- Responds to all requests for data clarifications of assigned studies.
- Point person to receive AE notification from study team and ensures AE is followed up and/or resolved, as applicable.
- Meets contractual or institutional requirements for timeliness of data entry and query resolution.
- Fulfills sponsor requirements related to reportable information, including: AE, unanticipated problems, other information required by the sponsor protocol.
- Participates in required teleconferences, study meetings, both on and off-site, as required.
- Attends Disease/Modality Team meetings to ensure any issues are communicated to the team.
- Schedules and participates in interim monitoring visits (IMV) for source data verification (SDV).
- Reviews monitoring reports for assigned studies, determines any discrepancies and resolves outstanding data issues identified by the monitor.
- Adheres to IMV policies of COH.
- Assist the Epic Protocol Content Administrators (PCAs) with questions regarding the protocol procedural requirements, including lab tests, EKG’s or imaging.
- Participates in audits and monitor visits for assigned studies, and as requested.
- Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problems to the PI and supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensures all patients, for assigned studies, are entered into the CTMS according to COH policies and status is correct.
- Updates patient data in the CTMS to ensure appropriate patient calendars are utilized.
- Assist Clinical Research Billing (CRB) with resolving outstanding data issues or inquiries for financial concerns.
- Participate in the validation of the Epic treatment plans and CTMS calendars for assigned studies.
- Responds to colleagues, faculty, leaders and sponsors in a timely manner.
Other related duties as assigned or requested
- Participates in study team meetings.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Participate in at least 1 CTO working group/committee each year.
- Identifies and participates in professional development activities and opportunities.
- Serve as a resource to other staff regarding assigned protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
Rev Cycle Coverage Validation Representative, City of Hope, United States, 8 days ago
Rev Cycle Coverage Validation Representative Join the transformative team at City of Hope , where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other...
Poems Clinical Research Coordinator (Open Rank Level I, Ii, Iii), University of Colorado, United States, about 21 hours ago
POEMS Clinical Research Coordinator (Open Rank- Level I, II, III) - 31731 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Cancer Center – CCTO Job Title: PO...
Cto Clinical Trials Project Lead, University of Alberta, Canada, about 19 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Working for the Unive...
Clinical Research Coordinator I/Ii/Iii, University of Arkansas, United States, about 23 hours ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Billing Specialist, City of Hope, United States, 2 days ago
Billing Specialist Join the transformative team at City of Hope , where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesse...
Clinical Research Data Coordinator Ii, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...