Requisition # HRC0517669
The Cancer Prevention and Control Program at Cedars-Sinai conducts multi-disciplinary research projects prioritizing molecular epidemiological approaches to cancer prevention, risk assessment, treatment and rehabilitation. A central focus of the Program is to translate laboratory and population health research at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center into clinical interventions that reduce the risk of cancer, slow the progression of cancer, reduce the toxicity of cancer treatment, and enhance the quality of life in our patients. Our team coordinates with a diverse array of research participants, including healthy volunteers, individuals at risk for cancer, individuals with gastrointestinal conditions, and individuals with cancers.
Are you looking to contribute to a pioneering cancer research program? Join our team and grow your experience!
The Clinical Research Coordinator II works independently providing study coordination support for prospective epidemiologic studies and clinical trials. Responsibilities may include screening of participants for eligibility, presenting an overview of study motivation and procedures, administering questionnaires, scheduling and follow-up of research study participants, transporting biospecimens from procedure rooms to the processing laboratory. They will be responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation and entry, and reporting including timely response to investigators requests and participants’ questions and concerns. Responsible for compiling and reporting on each study including information related to protocol activity, accrual data, workload, and other research information; present this information at inclusive research staff meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independent study coordination including screening of prospective patients for protocol eligibility, presenting non-medical trial concepts and details to the patients, and participating in the informed consent process.
- Scheduling of patients for research visits and procedures.
- In collaboration with the physician and other medical personnel, documents concisely on Case Report Forms (CRFs) the following; changes in patient condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug.
- Maintains accurate source documents related to all research procedures.
- Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Informs direct supervisor about concerns regarding data quality and study conduct.
- Works closely with a regulatory coordinator or directly with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, protocol deviations, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- May involve other regulatory / IRB duties, budgeting duties, and assisting with patient research billing and reconciliation.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA and local IRB.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- May coordinate training and education of other personnel.
- May participate in centralized activities such as auditing, Standard Operating Procedure development, etc.
- May plan and coordinate strategies for increasing patient enrollment, and/or improving clinical research efficiency.
- May identify quality and performance improvement opportunities and collaborate with staff in the development of action plans to improve quality.
- May identify new research opportunities and present to investigators
- Associates degree/college diploma, required.
- BA/BS degree, preferred.
- ACRP/SoCRA (or equivalent) certification preferred.
- Four (4) years minimum of directly related experience.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II - All of Us Research Program
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Social Worker, University of Southern California, United States, 20 days ago
The Pediatrics/Los Angeles County Maternal Child Program, a division of the Keck School of Medicine of USC, Department of Pediatrics needs a full-time Social Worker (MSW) to help MCA clients at th...
Research Coordinator I, University of Southern California, United States, 14 days ago
Dr. Salhia’s lab in the The Department of Translational Genomics is seeking a highly motivated research cooridinator to plan, implement, and maintain data collection and analysis systems in suppor...
Nurse Practitioner, University of Southern California, United States, 27 days ago
The Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute (SC CTSI) is a research organization at the University of Southern California (USC) and Children’s’ Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA)...
Research Coordinator I, University of Southern California, United States, 6 days ago
This is a part-time, fixed-term position. The Research Coordinator I will assist investigators with research studies. Essential duties and responsibilities: Assists with organizing and scheduling ...
Research Coordinator Ii, University of Southern California, United States, 4 days ago
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Clinical Investigations Support Office (CISO) is seeking a Research Coordinator II to join its team. The position serves as a lead, coordinating aspects of...
Research Coordinator I Department Of Dermatology, University of Southern California, United States, 28 days ago
The Department of Dermatology seeks an energetic, collaborative, innovative and detail-oriented Research Coordinator to play a key role in the department’s clinical trials research. This position ...