Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 2023-36109
The Gastrointestinal (GI) Oncology Clinical Research Program at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking a Clinical Reserach Coordinator to join our program. The GI Oncology Clinical Research Program supports PI initiated, industry sponsored, and cooperative group phase I - IV clinical trials across multiple GI cancers, including esophageal, stomach, liver, pancreas, colon, and neuroendocrine.
The Clinical Research Coordinator work within the clinical research program and support the research team in the overall conduct of clinical trials using Good Clinical Practice under the auspices of the Principal Investigator. The CRC will be responsible for the primary data collection and management of patient clinical information as it pertains to participation in clinical trials. Ensures timely collection of protocol related samples including shipment to outside entities as required. Maintains regulatory binders and ensures study compliance with all state, federal, and IRB requirements. May be responsible for IRB protocol submissions (amendments, continuing reviews, and minimal risk protocols). This individual may also screen patients for protocol eligibility, obtain informed consent, and register study participants with the Quality Assurance Office for Clinical Trials (QACT). Some travel may be required.??
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Oversight of the clinical trials start-up process from receipt of protocols through the Scientific Review Committee and IRB submissions, and site activation activities.??
- Responsible for data reporting and management, collection of source documents, use and development of case report forms, adverse events reporting, filing and archiving of study records, and resolution of data queries.
- Prepare and or complete regulatory related reports and IRB submissions. Maintain and organize study regulatory binders, enter all required study data on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all study related samples are collected, properly prepared and shipped according to the protocol requirements and IATA/DOT regulations.
- Responsible for organizing and preparing for both internal and external auditing and study monitoring visits.
- Coordination and management of clinical trials, including communication with Sponsors and regulatory authorities.
- Close-out of clinical trials, including contributing to research articles, audit preparation, and communication with regulatory agencies and other disciplines involved.
- Interact with study participants as directed/required by the protocol and/or study team.
- May be responsible for tissue sample work.
- Administration of patient quality of life questionnaires.
- Coordination of and assistance with research electrocardiograms.
- Bachelor's Degree required, with 0-1 years of related experience preferred. Experience working in a medical or scientific research setting or comparable technology orientated business environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent organization and communications skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills ??? ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and externals contacts.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to follow-through.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload.
- Must practice discretion and adhere to hospital confidentiality guidelines at all times.
- Must have computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong.?? As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff.?? Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to under-served members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Connections working at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Scientist Ll – Pathology Griffin Lab, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, United States, 4 days ago
Scientist ll – Pathology Griffin Lab Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Boston, MA Full Time A Scientist position is open to join the Griffin laboratory (https://griffin-lab.dana-farber.org/) in the Dep...
Genetic Counselor, Cancer Care Center, School Of Medicine, Section Of Hematology And Medical Oncology (23599933281129), Boston University, United States, 1 day ago
The Section of Hematology and Medical Oncology at Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center seeks a full time genetic counselor to join our Cancer Genetics team. We seek candi...
Research Project Manager, School Of Dental Medicine, Department Of Health Policy/Health Services Research (23500512761101), Boston University, United States, 20 days ago
The Center for Behavioral Science Research (CBSR) at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Project Manager with a solid background i...
Research Scientist, Sargent College Of Rehabilitation Sciences, Sar Stepp Lab (23599932981012), Boston University, United States, 2 days ago
Boston University Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences is one of the country’s leading schools of health and rehabilitation sciences. Home to more than 1300 undergraduate and 450 ...
Project Coordinator, School Of Public Health, Environmental Health (23500554661122), Boston University, United States, 1 day ago
This individual will be responsible for subject recruitment, neuropsychological assessment, and data entry at the Boston University School of Public Health site for the study entitled; Examination...
(Clinical) Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor Or Clinical Director, Advanced Education Program In Pediatric Dentistry, School Of Dental Medicine, Department Of Pediatric Dentistry (23599933191109), Boston University, United States, 1 day ago
The Department of Pediatric Dentistry at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (GSDM) invites applications for full-time and part-time clinical faculty positions at the Assi...