- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to join our team in a full time position. Columbia University Medical Center’s Department of Pediatrics is a world leader in providing care for children. Our mission areas include Healthcare, Education and Research. We offer care for our patients in over 25 specialty areas as well as individualized care for complex cases. Our Residency, Fellowship and Graduate programs are among the best in the Nation. Our Clinical, Translational and Basic Science research features collaborations across specialties and stretches from the bench to bedside. We also have several active Clinical trials available to our patients. The division plays active roles in the Children’s Oncology Group (COG), Dana Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) and National Experimental Therapeutics Consortium (Head Start), Therapeutic Advances for Childhood Leukemia (TACL) and Genomic Analysis Informs Novel/ Individualized Cancer Therapy (GAIN/ iCAT) consortia. Embedded within the division are the “PIPseq” (Precision in Pediatrics through Sequencing) precision oncology and the Pediatric Cancer Foundation Developmental Therapeutics (PCFDTP) Programs. Columbia serves as the hub for a city-wide effort to provide whole exome sequencing to all children with cancer and is the only National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated COG Phase I center serving the New York, Northern New Jersey and Connecticut tri-state region with a population in excess of 20 million.
The section of BMT has a cadre of Phase 1 and 2 trials, investigator initiated studies, and industry sponsored studies. The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) will be assigned to the industry-sponsored studies. The CRC will work with investigators, study staff, Scientific Review Committee (SRC) and institutional review boards (IRB), clinical trial sponsors and federal regulatory agencies to assure compliance with study protocols, data documentation, reporting requirements, ensure that regulatory requirements for clinical trials are met. The CRC will work under the supervision of the Section Head of BMT and the Divisional Administrator.
- Assists the PI in development of materials and tools necessary to appropriately train individuals involved in the conduct of the study around issues related to (but not limited to) protocol requirements, schedule of visits, execution of research plan. Maintains documentation of training.
- Assists Principal Investigator to assure that all key personnel or persons ‘engaged’ in the research project have met training requirements in accordance with federal regulations and university and sponsoring agency policies and procedures.
- Cooperates with university compliance and monitoring efforts related to sponsored program administration and reports instances of noncompliance to the appropriate compliance office.
- Coordinates and facilitates monitoring and auditing visits. Notifies appropriate institutional officials of external audits by FDA and sponsors.
- Collaborates with PI and institution to respond to any audit findings and implement-approved recommendations.
- Cooperates with university and sponsoring agency compliance and monitoring efforts related to human research participant protection and reports instances of noncompliance to the appropriate compliance office.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with study team, study sponsor, and applicable regulatory agencies to ensure all required information is communicated.
- Serve as facilitator for study team and sponsor with regard to study status information, safety issues, upcoming protocol amendments, consent changes, and applicable protocol training.
- Prepares and submits all protocol applications, amendments, continuing reviews, and informed consent documents for SRC and IRB review and approval.
- Prepares and submits regulatory documentation that may include; IND/IDE applications, FDA annual reports, Serious Adverse Event reports, to the appropriate regulatory agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) etc.
- Coordinates assigned study monitoring and auditing visits with study coordinator, investigator, industry sponsors, and internal/external auditors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience required plus two years of related experience.
- Protocol oversight; monitoring and reporting of study events; data collection; adherence to study protocols; in-service education of physicians, nurses, and support staff to protocol requirements; coordinate research activities.
- Light Level of Physical Activity Required
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Spanish Language Extension Associate Produce Safety Alliance, Cornell University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Spanish Language Extension Associate Produce Safety Alliance Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff o...
Senior Financial Analyst, New York University, United States, 14 days ago
Coordinate, facilitate and monitor all global accounting functions for study abroad programs and portal campuses. Develop in-depth understanding of University underlying financial systems, reporti...
Senior Financial Analyst, New York University, United States, 7 days ago
Responsible for maintaining and reconciling the University’s endowment programs in ledger at market value to ensure completeness and accuracy. Perform monthly endowment rollforwards and reconcile ...
Medical Assistant, Iv, Yeshiva University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Position is based in Jersey City, New Jersey (Journal Square). Complete all clinical research tasks strictly adhering to research protocols; Perform venipuncture and process blood specimens( accor...
Seasonal Consultant, Field Technician For Green Roof Gull Nest Abatement – New York City, New York City Audubon, United States, 11 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNew York City AudubonLocationNew York CityJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary20/hrStart Date04/05...
Medical Assistant Iv, Yeshiva University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Maintain adequate inventory of lab and / or clinical supplies. Handles administrative duties such as training, scheduling, quality assurance and monitors workflow. Perform venipuncture (blood draw...