The Center for Narcolepsy within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator Associate (CRCA). The CRCA will work closely with Dr. Emmanuel Mignot to ensure that patients are properly enrolled in the project, receive complete information about their tests and procedures, have their data from their tests and outcome measured properly collected, and are provided access to their results. This individual will be involved in all aspects of patient care in the project and will be responsible for consenting patients, tracking the patients and their outcomes, and collecting and transferring samples and data in a secure and quality-assured manner. This individual will work closely with the Principal Investigator and research administrative staff to ensure the project is meeting goals. Due to the nature of the research, it would be expected that the CRCA work from 1:30 PM – 10 PM four days a week and one standard AM shift in the clinic.
For more information about the Center for Narcolepsy, please visit: https://med.stanford.edu/narcolepsy.html
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from startup through close-out.
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of related experience in clinical trials
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two-year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Mid-shift schedule four days a week and one standard AM shift in the clinic.
- Occasional weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
Program Manager Scientific & Community Engagement, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position Description: Additional Ventures seeks a Program Manager, Scientific & Community Engagement (PM) with a scientific background to be an integral part of its small team that is focused on s...
Immune Responses To Infection Of Highly Pathogenic Viruses, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 12 hours ago
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Rocky Mountain Labs, Hamilton, MT Position Description: With nationwide responsibility for improving health and well-being, the Department of...
Director Of Resources And Operations, The California State University, United States, 9 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 500131 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 28, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Senior Construction Manager, The California State University, United States, 2 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499691 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 4, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: https:...
Budget And Administrative Specialist, The California State University, United States, 23 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499906 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 12, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...
Marketing Specialist, The California State University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499934 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 7, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link ...