The Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated and team oriented full-time Clinical Research Coordinator Associate (CRCA).
The work of the Division of Oncology bridges the worlds of basic science, clinical diagnosis and the treatment of cancer. Our basic investigative activities concentrate on immunology, genetics/genomics, pharmacology, DNA repair and oncogene action. Our clinical science covers each cancer type; has a strong focus in clinical trials of new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, and in correlative laboratory studies. Our work is supported by a portfolio of peer-reviewed grants, industrial agreements and research endowments.
The CRCA will perform duties related to the coordination of health services clinical studies focusing on improving clinical cancer care delivery under the supervision of Dr. Manali Patel’s research activities. The CRCA will support the PI by coordinating moderately complex aspects of Dr. Patel’s ongoing clinical studies and work under close direction of the principal investigator /supervisor. The CRCA will serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies and coordinate studies from start-up through closeout. S/he will assist with IRB protocols, managing large data sets and protocols. The CRCA will support the preparation of various protocols, proposals, manuscripts, reports and grant applications.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from start-up through close-out.
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure Institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in public health or related field.
- Previous experience working on issues related to health services intervention trials in oncology.
- History of work in cancer settings.
- Interest in working in a position for at least two (2) years.
- Understanding of statistics and familiarity with STATA or similar data analysis software
- Ability to drive and transport needed for studies which may be off-site
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two-year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Part Time) Physical Therapy, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, United States, about 20 hours ago
Description Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking a Rehabilitation Specialist (Part-Time) to support the Blood Flow Restriction Study within the Physical Therapy Department located at the Blanchfield ...
Research Technician Bergmann Lab, HHMI, United States, about 11 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically cu...
Research Specialist Kingsley Lab, HHMI, United States, about 11 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Res...
Lecturer, Stanford University, United States, 2 days ago
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS STANFORD UNIVERSITY The Department of Mathematics at Stanford University seeks to hire one or more Lecturers. The possible appointments are for one year, beginning in Sep...
Hpc System Administrator, The California State University, United States, 19 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499474 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 19, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...
Computer Analyst/It Professional Neural Data Analyses, HHMI, United States, about 11 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a goal-oriented, proactive Compute...