Clinical Research Coordinator for Large Neuroimaging Study of Aging and Alzheimer’s disease.
The Mormino Laboratory within the Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator Associates (CRC-A) to work on studies that use PET imaging to understand Alzheimer’s disease pathology in human aging and neurological diseases. These projects reflect collaborations between the Mormino Laboratory in the Department of Neurology and the Wagner Laboratory in the Department of Psychology, investigators within the Stanford Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, as well as multi-site collaborative data leveraging efforts. Our research is focused on improving the diagnosis and monitoring of disease, enabling early detection, and understanding the contributions of early pathology to cognitive decline in human aging. Main duties include in-person and telephone recruitment of research participants; obtaining informed consent; scheduling and coordination of research participant visits; maintaining longitudinal contact with participants by phone, email and other means; organization of pre-existing PET datasets; PET data analysis.
In addition to submitting your on-line CV, include a cover letter describing your prior experience with human research.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from startup through close-out.
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
- Plan and perform research tasks of limited complexity requiring initiative and judgment in applying basic knowledge and understanding of scientific theory when precedents do not provide specific guidance; general instruction is provided by the supervisor.
- Administer questionnaires and rating scales requiring judgment in applying non-routine scoring procedures.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, with good organizational skills.
- 2+ years of related experience in subject recruitment, assessment, and analysis related to neuroimaging research.
- Proficiency with basic programming and scripts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Desired experience with software packages for neuroimaging processing and statistics, such as FreeSurfer, SPM, FSL and R.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Immune Responses To Infection Of Highly Pathogenic Viruses, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 11 hours ago
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Rocky Mountain Labs, Hamilton, MT Position Description: With nationwide responsibility for improving health and well-being, the Department of...
Title Ix Investigator, The California State University, United States, 4 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499994 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 14, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Research Specialist Kingsley Lab, HHMI, United States, about 16 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Res...
Director Of Donor Relations And Stewardship, The California State University, United States, 22 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499654 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 25, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Dean, University Library (Apply Via Search Firm), The California State University, United States, 15 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499573 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 30, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Executive Director, Career Center, The California State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499979 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 19, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...