Cancer Clinical Research Coordinator Associate
The Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) is one of an elite number of National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country, and is a prominent, dynamic, growing and complex Institute within the Stanford University School of Medicine. The SCI actively works to build synergies and collaborations among faculty with cancer-relevant expertise from four Schools and over 30 departments across Stanford University. We seek a Clinical Research Coordinator Associate to help us enact our mission to reduce cancer mortality through comprehensive programs of cancer research, treatment, education and outreach. Given the SCI’s mission, breadth, and depth, it employs over 320 staff members in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and forward-thinking environment with tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is an integral component of the Stanford Cancer Institute since the vital work performed there enables our adult and pediatric cancer centers to translate research from the laboratory into the clinical setting. You will be working with an unparalleled leading edge community of faculty and staff who are fundamentally changing the world of health care in the cancer arena.
Reporting to the Clinical Research Manager of Cancer Cell Therapy (CCT), the Clinical Research Coordinator Associate will be conversant in the goals, mission and priorities of the Institute, and utilize this knowledge to to manage data, enroll and follow patients on trial, and assist with regulatory and financial requirements of the trials. We are seeking candidates with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal Skills. Our staff run toward challenges, and you will have a demonstrated history of doing the same with a high degree of professionalism, initiative and flexibility. Responsibilities include patient enrollment and follow up, and data and regulatory management.
Core duties include:
*Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from start-up through close-out.
*Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
*Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
*Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents/case report forms.
*Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure Institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
*Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
*Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
*Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
*Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
*Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical research and federal regulations.
- Familiarity with IRB guidelines and regulations.
- Previous experience with clinical trials.
- Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
Research Technician Bergmann Lab, HHMI, United States, about 22 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically cu...
Research Specialist Kingsley Lab, HHMI, United States, about 22 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Res...
Rehabilitation Specialist (Part Time) Physical Therapy, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, United States, about 5 hours ago
Description Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking a Rehabilitation Specialist (Part-Time) to support the Blood Flow Restriction Study within the Physical Therapy Department located at the Blanchfield ...
Biosafety Officer, The California State University, United States, 11 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499319 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 29, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...
Computer Analyst/It Professional Neural Data Analyses, HHMI, United States, about 22 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a goal-oriented, proactive Compute...
Lecturer, Stanford University, United States, about 5 hours ago
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS STANFORD UNIVERSITY The Department of Mathematics at Stanford University seeks to hire one or more Lecturers. The possible appointments are for one year, beginning in Sep...