Supports clinical pharmacy services in the outpatient oncology setting at Washington University School of Medicine. The clinical pharmacist will provide comprehensive medication management for ambulatory oncology patients. Position may involve reviewing and filling of prescriptions and dispensing of medications to patients, review of patient profiles and patient medication counseling. The clinical pharmacist will collaborate with other members of the health care team to provide high-quality patient care.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates and processes medication orders received from authorized prescribers. Orders are reviewed for safety, accuracy and appropriateness and include a review of the treatment plan, allergies, dosing, pertinent laboratory values and drug interactions. Modifications recommended to the clinic team if needed.
- Serves as a resource to physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers for medication-related information and issues; answers drug information inquiries.
- Provide medication counseling and review chemotherapy regimens with patients when requested.
- Assists with medication order set development to assure safe, complete and accurate medication ordering and administration and appropriate medication use.
- Participates in multidisciplinary patient review meetings, oncology research committees and other organizational committees when requested.
- Precept pharmacy students from accredited schools of pharmacy and pharmacy residents as part of approved/accredited residency programs.
- Participates in Quality Assurance (QA) programs within the Pharmacy including Drug Use Evaluations (DUE); participates in research projects and other initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with oncology leadership to develop and maintain oncology policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with state and federal regulations, securing/renewing licenses and registrations as required; obtains required hours of continuing education as outlined by Missouri Board of Pharmacy.
- Assists with preparation and dispensing functions, when requested.
- Provides continuing education or other pharmacy-related educational programs for pharmacy staff.
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY-2 oncology residency or equivalent experience in oncology.
- Board certification, experience in IV admixture, cytotoxic drug handling, investigational drug handling procedures and retail pharmacy.
- Working knowledge of current state and federal regulations affecting pharmacy practice and demonstrated ability to implement standards of accuracy and judgment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy with a Pharm.D degree.
- Oncology pharmacy experience (inpatient or outpatient).
- Current registration with the Missouri and/or Illinois, depending on location, Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist.
- Basic Life Support Certification, Level C, or obtains certification within one month of employment. (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.)
$96,700.00 - $174,100.00 / Annually
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one's qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two “Quick Apply” options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a LinkedIn feature, which allows you to apply by using your LinkedIn profile to populate some of the job application fields.
Lecturer (Pharmacy), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, about 18 hours ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Medical sciences Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1...
Lecturer In The Department Of Pharmacology And Pharmacy, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy (21300) Categories: Teaching Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Lecturer in the Department of Pharmacology a...
Associate/Full Prof Dental Public Health And Epidemiology , QATAR UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Associate/Full Prof Dental Public Health and Epidemiology Recruiter QATAR UNIVERSITY Location Qatar (QA) Posted 31 May 2023 End of advertisement period 30 Jun 2023 Ref IRC25352 Academic Discipline...
Pharmacy Resident, University of Arkansas, United States, 3 days ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Assistant Department Of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Croatia, 8 days ago
24 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry Department Microbiology Research Field Pharmacological sciences » Pharmacy Researcher Profile First Stage Rese...
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor Of Sustainable Pharmacy, University of Helsinki, Finland, about 13 hours ago
Pharmaceutical drug research is a strong field within the University of Helsinki’s Life Sciences strategic area and is highly ranked internationally. Such a high scientific level is a prerequisite...