Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Position Summary: This clinical pharmacist position in the Clinical and Patient Care Services Division provides clinical pharmacy services, including order verification, clinical monitoring, and support of clinical pharmacy and departmental programs. Responsibilities include:
- Maintains outstanding skills as a clinical pharmacy practitioner and consistently demonstrates the value of pharmacy services.
Provides clinical pharmacy services to surgery and ICU services, which may include:
- Medical ICU
- Trauma/Surgery Floor &ICU
- Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Cardiothoracic ICU
- Neurosciences ICU
- Provides discharge medication reconciliation and contributes to ongoing hospital and department transitions of care initiatives
- Educates medical, nursing, and pharmacy staff about the management, prescribing and monitoring of therapies used in patient care area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to the Department of Pharmacy for area(s) of expertise.
- Participates in departmental and hospital committees and initiatives related to practice area.
- Contributes to student and resident education.
- Provides educational lectures and/or participates in research (Duke, State/Local, National).
- Works with peers to achieve division and departmental goals.
- Takes responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Maintains familiarity with all departmental programs and works as integral part of the pharmacy team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Extensive knowledge of drug products, medical therapeutics, pharmacokinetics, and disease states. Ability to work with information systems, automated and technical equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with various members of health care teams
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree OR BS Pharmacy Degree
- With a BS Pharmacy degree, two years of pharmacy practice experience, or acceptable board certification, or completion of an accredited residency program and demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment is required.
- With Doctor of Pharmacy degree, no experience is required.
- 2+ years of practice experience desired
- PGY1 or Pharmacy Practice Residency preferred
- PGY2 Critical Care Residency or Critical Care experience desired
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Licensed Pharmacist or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Pharmacy Technician, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 19 days ago
Details Posted: 06-Sep-23 Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina Salary: Open Internal Number: 260701 Vacancy ID: P017744 Position Summary/Description: Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacis...
Professional Nurse Temporary, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 21 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services - 650001 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Posting Open Date 08/31/2023 Application Deadline 09/0...
Hr Business Partner, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 5 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SOP-Human Resources-450183 Career Area Human Resources Posting Open Date 09/13/2023 Application Deadline 09/27/2023 Open Until Filled No Position...
Professional Nurse, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 5 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services-650001 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Da...
Patient Access Associate, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 5 days ago
Details Posted: 19-Sep-23 Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina Salary: Open Internal Number: 263018 Vacancy ID: P017940 Position Summary/Description: The positions will function primarily as appo...
Research Specialist Dr. Sam Lai's Lab, Dpmp, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 22 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SOP-DPMP-452400 Career Area Research Professionals Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 08/28/2023 Application Deadline 09/...