Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Clinical Performance Improvement Associate
General Job Description
Will conduct formal clinical and operational performance improvement engagements and consulting services with our customers. Create strategies for clients engaging in improvement opportunities as identified by the customer to achieve the identified benefits. Responsibilities include using change acceleration process tools to achieve our customers’ goals and drive clinical and physician product adoption of identified solutions, implements and builds sustainment/control plans for solutions. Builds project approval and charters, work breakdown structures, schedules, dependencies, resource assignments. Tracks and analyzes clinical outcomes, project task completion, risk/issues, and mitigation strategies. Completes or manages appropriate report and dashboard documents and keeps stakeholders informed.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
Clinical Performance Improvement Associate will provide project management and performance improvement support for clinical initiatives while remaining cognizant of organizational, statutory, and regulatory standards. The Clinical Strategic Services Associate Performance Improvement Associate will collect, review, and analyze data trends in order to develop positive outcomes. In addition, you will be responsible for leading the development, implementation, coordination, and management of strategic clinical initiatives.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the Quality Improvement (QI) Program initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for improvement through analysis of data, observation of operations and consultation with Operational and Clinical leadership, staff, consumers, caregivers and families, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and/or review policies, processes and protocols, utilizing input from appropriate stakeholders, to ensure effectiveness and compliance of QI Program.
- Manages or provides limited process improvement/ transformation expertise for project teams, process owners, operations, leadership and stakeholders in order to achieve engagement goals and operational performance objectives to reach successful business outcomes.
- Engagement assignments, team size and duration will vary and be limited in scope, complexity and quantity to ensure appropriate attention to process improvement details.
- Performs tasks related to:- 6 Sigma, Lean, rapid improvement events and associated activities- Project scoping, planning, execution, analysis and tracking- Change management- Team facilitation- Data collection and analysis- Risk/Issue identification and mitigation- Stakeholder tollgates/reports-
- Utilize data analysis and lean/6sigma methods for assessing root causes, issues with process, stakeholder support needed, and gap identification.
- Assists in continuous improvement training consistent with Lean and 6 Sigma and other transformation core competencies
- Performs or manages tasks related to defining and measuring problems and undesired outcomes/metrics. This includes voice of the customer, data collection, value stream and process mapping current state, stakeholder assessment, and other Lean/6 Sigma activities.
- Performs or manages tasks related to developing the future state goals and conducts analysis of the gap between current state and future state.
- Conducts improvement activities through engagement of teams, subject matter experts, stakeholders and benchmarking.
- Facilitates rapid improvement events for standard work, improved flow, waste reduction, error proofing, workplace organization and other objectives. Identifies countermeasures needed to address root causes.
- Successful, data driven track record in redesign and/or implementation efforts in the areas of clinical performance improvement
- Demonstrated ability to partner with medical staff leaders, such as a physician advisor or the Chief Medical Officer
- Demonstrated ability to effect change through team structures and achieve measurable outcomes
- Demonstrated experience influencing, managing and coaching in a matrixed organization that includes many learners, including nurses, care managers, caregiver and consumers.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills and ability to independently produce documents or aptitude to develop this level of skill within a defined period of time
- Flexible, positive, clear interpersonal and communication skills with ability to facilitate the exchange of information within clients and the organization
- Analytical skills related to independently interpreting, preparing and analyzing data, LOS information, comparisons with relevant federal and/or other performance-based data
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in a health-related field (nursing, allied health, public health) or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3+) years of clinical operations experience.
- Preferred experience of two (2+) years of experience in hospital administration, performance improvement or process engineering in a healthcare environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Ability to communicate with customers/staff with diverse educational backgrounds
Analysis of data and processes for opportunities for improvement
Ability to manage numerous diverse projects simultaneously through effective priority setting, efficient use of time, organization
Knowledge of accreditation standards and regulations related to health care
Attention to detail and accuracy
Job Code: 00005102 STRATEGIC SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Job Level: G2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Postdoctoral Associate In Health Policy, Margolis Center for Health Policy, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -MCHP -20659_PDAHP1 [#21703, 3820] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Health Policy and...
Postdoctoral Associate, Dermatology, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Dermatology -DRLIPOSTDOC [#21775] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27710, United States [map ] Subject Area: Dermatology / De...
Postdoctoral Associate, Nicholas School of the Environment - Durham, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -NSOE-Durham -POSTDOC_EMANUEL [#21791, 3820] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Ecosys...
Lecturing Fellow, Sanford School of Public Policy - NRR, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -SSPP-NRR -STATS [#21800, 1514] Position Title: Position Type:Non-regular rank faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Public P...
Research Tech / Biofilms, Civil and Environmental Engineering, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Civil and Environmental Engineering -JONES_RESTECH [#21814, 951] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject...
Postdoctoral Associate, Nicholas School of the Environment - Durham, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -NSOE-Durham -POSTDOC_PAN [#21802, 1820] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Climate Ch...