|9139 NURSE, CLINICAL II|
|FAMILY HEALTH CARE NURSING|
|Monday through Friday 8-5 (50%; flexible days)|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
The Clinical Nurse will be responsible for utilizing the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe and therapeutic care for patients enrolled in NFRC research studies. The individual will function as a member of the interdisciplinary NFRC team and will work under the direction of the principal investigators (PI) of the study, the NFRC Lead for Benioff Children’s Hospital (BCH) Intensive Care Nursery (ICN) and the ICN Nurse Manager. The Clinical Nurse will work collaboratively with the NFRC Clinical Research Coordinators (CRC) and Research Nurses at other NFRC sites. The individual will be responsible for carrying out duties by following BCH and ICN nursing policy and procedures as related to performing patient care.
FAMILY HEALTH CARE NURSING
The mission of the Family Health Care Nursing (FHCN), School of Nursing, is to optimize the health and well-being of children, women, and families in a changing multicultural society through our nursing programs of teaching, research, and practice, as well as through community service.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center and Campus locations including use of public or personal transportation when needed.|
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
• Current healthcare provider CPR and NRP certifications.
• Competent in the direct patient care, within the last three years, of infants with diagnoses including but not limited to prematurity, neurological disorders and congenital cardiac anomalies.
• Without restrictions from working in the ICN and pediatric hospital and clinic environments.
• Competence in the use of APEX.
• Attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with subjects, team members, other departments and outside institutions; and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse subject population.
• Ability to work well independently, complete projects in a timely manner, and prioritize multiple projects to ensure the completion of essential tasks by deadlines.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment will be required to undergo a background check.
| • Previous research nurse experience.|
• A minimum of two years of recent ICN or Critical Care Float Pool experience at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
• Fluency in the usage of Committee of Human Research (CHR) online iMEDris system for submission, renewal, and modification of protocols through this system.
• Understanding of patient population to create rapport and a relationship, while also giving insight to what is realistic and appropriate for patient participation.
• Experience applying the following regulations and guidelines:
• Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
• Health Information and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• The Protection of Human Research Subjects
• CHR regulations for recruitment and consent of research subjects
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Director (Administrator Iii) Student Health Services, The California State University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9568 Job Title: Director (Administrator III) - Student Health Services Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 7, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link to Apply ...
Assistant Director (Administrator I), The California State University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9554 Job Title: Assistant Director (Administrator I) Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: July 28, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link to Apply Online: https://cms...
Senior Animal Technician (9524 C) #23583, University of California, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Senior Animal Technician (9524C) #23583 Job ID: 23583 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Off of Laboratory Animal Care Regular/Temporary...
Lab Animal Supervisor Ii (6249 U) #23686, University of California, United States, 3 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Lab Animal Supervisor II (6249U) #23686 Job ID: 23686 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department OLAC Animal Services Regular/Temporary: Regular...
Student Assistant, Graduate Nursing Department, University of San Francisco, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position Information Job Title Student Assistant, Graduate Nursing Department Department School of Nursing and Health Professions Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Job Type Student Hourly Salary ...
Director (Administrator Iii) Counseling & Psychological Servi, The California State University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9566 Job Title: Director (Administrator III) - Counseling & Psychological Servi Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 7, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link...