If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Director of Community Health Improvement oversees the community health improvement and benefit programs including policies, community health needs assessments, program planning, development, and evaluation, management of certain outreach programs, and adherence to regulatory requirements and reporting
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans promotional, educational, and other events to increase community awareness.
- Researches and prepares reports, records, and other documentation to coordinate and implement community health and community benefit activities.
- Documents outreach activities and the number of contacts reached or served through all outreach initiatives.
- Maintains effective lines of communications with key stakeholders.
- Promotes community health efforts both internally and externally.
- Assesses the health needs of the communities served by UHealth through collaboration with community, government, and other agencies to conduct formal needs assessments focusing on vulnerable and underserved populations.
- Reviews current local and national trends related to public health and community health improvement and emerging health issues for program planning and communication to the community.
- Develops organization-wide specific community health priorities and implementation plans.
- Plans, develops, leads, and evaluates appropriate community health programs based on the identified community needs.
- Maintains an inventory of all existing community programs and services within the organization.
- Collaborates with other UHealth entities to cascade health system priorities and objectives to each unit/department/entity.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with major community organizations, public health departments, community health agencies, and area public educational systems.
- Measures the effectiveness of community benefits programs designed to improve the health status of target communities served.
- Manages the accounting and reporting of community benefit activities, collaborating with departments and functions that are required to complete state and federal reporting of community benefit activities.
- Assures compliance with state and federal regulations related to community benefits programming.
- Prepares an integrated annual community benefit report and communicates activities to key internal audiences and external constituencies.
- Identifies and pursues grant opportunities to sustain health promotion initiatives as appropriate.
- Develops and coordinates content for public web site dedicated to community health.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health care administration or relevant field required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a health system.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting community-based health planning and programming with community health needs assessment experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for community benefit reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge and experience in community-based health program planning and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop effective and collaborative working relationships with individuals representing a broad range of constituencies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Job Status:Full time
Intramural Coordinator, Barry University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Summary The Coordinator of Intramurals and BUC Kids Camp is responsible for planning and managing all aspects of intramural sports programs for the University. The Coordinator is also responsible...
Director Of Communications, Barry University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Summary The Director will serve as Public Relations Officer (PRO) and will work to strengthen, protect and enhance the reputation of Barry University. This includes anticipating issues and managin...
Librarian, Keiser University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body. The main campus is ...
Admissions Support Coordinator, Barry University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Summary Barry University, department is currently seeking an Admissions Support Coordinator. Under general supervision of the Associate Director, assist in the facilitation of the admission and re...
Coordinator Of Career Services Events, Johnson & Wales University, United States, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:6368 Work type:Full Time Location:North Miami, Florida Categories:Staff/Administration, Calendar Year (12-Month), Experiential Education & Career Services Summary Coordinates a va...
Ob Instructor I, Nursing (Full Time), West Coast University, United States, about 6 hours ago
West Coast University (WCU), a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking a full-time OB Instructor I, Nursing for our Evening and Week...