Clinical Faculty Physician - Speciality Adult Medicine (College of Medicine) - (FAC001298)
: H0623 Clinical Sciences
Commensurate with academic achievements and experience
: Summary :
This non-tenure track faculty physician position will provide direct patient care at the Lone Star Circle of Care - University of Houston College of Medicine (UHCOM) Clinic and affiliated The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD primary care service. Additionally, this physician will contribute to the educational mission of UHCOM through facilitation of team based learning sessions and didactic sessions for medical students. This position will report directly to the Chairman of the Clinical Sciences Department. Specific duties include the following:
Direct Patient Care (70% Effort)
- Evaluate and treat adult patients in the Lone Star Circle of Care - UH College of Medicine Clinic and the affiliated Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD primary care service.
- Provide input for the development of adult medicine clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives in the Lone Star Circle of Care-UHCOM Clinic and the Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD primary care service.
- Collaborate with the psychiatrists at The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
- Contribute to Team Based Learning Sessions in the Physicians, Patients and Populations Course.
- Contribute to Team Based Learning Sessions in the Basic Sciences courses.
- Precept medical students in the Lone Star Circle of Care-UHCOM clinic as part of the Longitudinal Primary Care Course and Household Centered Care.
- Serve on UH College of Medicine educational committees.
- Collaborate on scholarly projects and grant opportunities.
- Contribute curriculum development in the area of primary care, health promotion, and addressing the social determinants of health.
Academic rank of Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor and Clinical Professor will be determined by the University of Houston College of Medicine Faculty Appointment Promotion and Tenure Committee.
Salary commensurate with academic achievements and experience.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Houston is nation’s fourth largest city that offers a great quality of life that includes affordable housing options in excellent school districts, world-class arts, pro sports, award-winning cuisine and employment opportunities in numerous industries throughout the region.
The University of Houston is located in close proximity to the Texas Medical Center, which is home to The MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Medical School, Michael E. DeBakey Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, and Baylor College of Medicine, among other institutions. This environment is rich in potential for numerous collaborative opportunities.
: Minimum Qualifications
- Medical Licensure in the State of Texas
- Medical degree from an accredited allopathic or osteopathic college of medicine
- Board certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Experience documenting with an electronic medical record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience teaching medical students and residents
- Experience contributing to quality improvement projects
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, or Chinese
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Teaching Philosophy or Statement, Evidence of Effective Teaching
: Dec 9, 2019, 6:23:23 PM
Optometrist , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 10 hours ago
Title: Optometrist Division: Ophthalmology Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX Salary Range: FLSA Status: Exempt Requisition ID: 3261 Job Purpos...
Assistant Professor Infectious Disease , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 12 days ago
Title: Assistant Professor - Infectious Disease Division: Medicine Work Location: McGovern Campus, Houston, TX Requisition ID: 3086 Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary: Baylor (www.b...
Assistant Professor , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 8 days ago
Title: Assistant Professor Division: Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Work Location: Baylor Affiliated Hospital, Houston, TX Requisition ID: 3188 Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summar...
Assistant Professor Geriatrics , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 8 days ago
Title: Assistant Professor - Geriatrics Division: Medicine Work Location: Baylor Clinic, Houston, TX Requisition ID: 3181 Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary: Baylor (www.bcm.edu ) ...
Professor Chief Of Division Of Acute Care Surgery , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 5 days ago
Title: Professor - Chief of Division of Acute Care Surgery Division: Surgery Work Location: McNair Campus, Houston, TX Requisition ID: 3235 Summary The Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at ...
Professor Division Director, Infectious Diseases Internal Medicine, Mc Govern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 16 hours ago
McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), a leading academic health center situated at the Texas Medical Center, invites applications for a fu...