Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Department of Surgery, is seeking a Registered Nurse to work within the outpatient practice of the Center For Advanced Cardiac Care (CACC), Advanced Heart Failure, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and Cardiac Transplantation program, under the leadership of the Chief Nurse Practitioner and direction of the CACC Medical and Surgical Directors. The RN will work collaboratively with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, other members of multidisciplinary care team, and administrative support staff unto the CACC Program.
Duties and responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for as well as the development and implementation of a pre- and post-op education program in conjunction with the medical team. The incumbent will support on-going clinical functions of the CACC advanced heart failure and transplant program to provide compassionate, patient centered care. The candidate will be responsible for the management of patients including coordination of diagnostic testing, reviewing lab reports, and supervised direct patient care. The RN will be a responsible and eager partner in the day-to-day management of patients and the vision of the CACC program.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a great team of clinical professionals in an environment where professional growth, certification, and continuing education is supported and encouraged.
The RN will be responsible for the following:
- Implement nursing care in outpatient settings in collaboration with the Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Medical Doctors (MDs) of the Center For Advanced Cardiac Care.
- The RN will be based in the clinical-administrative office setting for patient care management. The RN will care for ambulatory patients with advanced heart failure pulmonary arterial hypertension, and/or pre- and post-transplant outpatients along the continuum of their disease including patients receiving medical therapies such as oral, intravenous, and inhaled medications.
- Responsible for obtaining and reviewing laboratory and other diagnostic test results.
- Expected to evaluate symptomatic patient callers and conduct telephonic triage.
- Responsible for initial and ongoing patient and caregiver education including but not limited to medication, diet, and lifestyle management.
- Administer nursing care in the clinic as directed by their collaborating Physicians and Nurse Practitioners partners.
- Responsible for clinical documentation in the outpatient medical record.
- Provide remote monitoring /assessment as prescribed by the Physician and Nurse Practitioner Collaborators.
- Excellent communication skills and remain flexible in a dynamic care setting for complex patient management.
- Will be directly supervised by the Chief Nurse Practitioner.
- Employee will ensure patient centered care by demonstrating behaviors that reflect a Culture of Service and will strive to meet the expectations of the “Seven Competencies.” The seven competencies for a “Wow” experience are as follows:
- Effective Communication
- Job Knowledge
- Patient Centered Care
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Pride and Excellence
- Integrity and Credibility
- Conforms to all applicable HIPAA, billing compliance and safety guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned appropriate to scope, education, and/or training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and experience.
Minimum related experience:
Minimum certification requirements:
Nursing: RN License and NP License in NYS.
Minimum computer skills:
Intermediate MS Office skills
Must be able to successfully complete systems training requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, New York University, United States, 17 days ago
Working under the supervision of a psychiatrist, provide high quality patient care to a diverse University community in accordance with established standards and medical ethics, and with policies ...
Administrative Assistant Iv, Yeshiva University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Reporting to the AECC Associate Director for Administration (ADA), this position will coordinate and maintain an efficient office operation and perform responsible administrative support duties of...
Administrator For Clinical Affairs, Recruitment & External Relations, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title: Administrator for Clinical Affairs, Recruitment & External Relations Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Nursing and Allied Health Services-Metro Hiring...
Crisis Response Counselor, New York University, United States, 9 days ago
Respond to urgent and emergency situations with students and provide counseling and crisis intervention evenings and/or weekends including being available for 24 hour on call coverage. Conduct cli...
Director Of Client Services, Yeshiva University, United States, 24 days ago
Under the direction of the Assistant Dean for Information Technology, the Director will be responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction and engagement. The Director will provide oversight of c...
Casual Staff Study Coordinator, Yeshiva University, United States, 16 days ago
Assist with organization and maintenance of documentation of participant and study data. Help with management of data collection and databases. May provide clerical and technical support to ensure...