- Conservation Corps of Minnesota and Iowa
- Various locations, MN
- Job Category
- Temporary/Seasonal Positions
- $2,076/month +Education Award
- Start Date
- Last Date to Apply
- The AmeriCorps Clean Water Corpsmembers serve alongside a natural resource professional in a Minnesota Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) during the summer, learning hands-on skills in managing soil and water resources. Corpsmembers assist with service and groundwater monitoring programs, wetland and watercourse inventories and assessments; prepare documents for cost-share and easement programs; conduct field surveys and site inspections and prepare reports; and coordinate and conduct educational programs and activities. Corpsmembers may also communicate with local landowners to develop management plans, gather input on best practices and provide education materials on water resources. This is a full-time commitment for the AmeriCorps service term. The member will receive a monthly stipend and an education award upon successful completion of the term that may be used for education expenses or to repay qualified student loans. Members are directly supervised by Conservation Corps program staff and SWCD site supervisor. Members serve in a single placement setting with a partnering nonprofit/government organization. Members complete service projects with direction provided by partnering agencies and representatives of those agencies. We are looking to enroll one Corpsmember in each of the following locations: Dates: May 16 – August 15 Locations: Central MN Sherburne SWCD in Elk River, MN Ramsey SWCD in Maplewood, MN Scott SWCD in Jordan, MN North MN Crow Wing SWCD in Brainerd, MN Aitkin SWCD in Aitkin, MN North Saint Louis SWCD in Virginia, MN Koochiching SWCD in International Falls, MN Becker SWCD in Detroit Lakes, MN Traverse SWCD in Wheaton, MN Lake SWCD in Two Harbors, MN - Lake of the Woods SWCD in Baudette, MN Pennington SWCD in Thief River Falls, MN South MN Renville SWCD in Olivia, MN Mower SWCD in Austin, MN Dodge SWCD in Dodge Center, MN Sauk River Watershed District in Sauk Center, MN Goodhue SWCD in Goodhue, MN Fillmore SWCD in Preston, MN Winona SWCD in Lewiston, MN Dates: May 16 – November 15 Central MN Ramsey SWCD in Maplewood, MN Scott SWCD in Jordan, MN Service Term: 450-900-hour AmeriCorps positions Benefits: Living Allowance: $2,076/month Education Award: $1,718.25 - $3,247.50 eligible and upon successful completion of program Housing Reimbursement: $100/month (reimbursable upon proof of payment) Student loan forbearance (on qualifying student loans) Training, certifications, networking Full position description here https://conservationcorps.catsone.com/careers/3936-AmeriCorps-YAPYO/jobs/16003739-Clean-Water-Corps-Member/
- Positive attitude and strong commitment to service and community work. Flexibility to work independently and with others in a team setting. Ability to work outdoors in varied terrain and all weather conditions. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Strong communication skills, with the ability to educate and interact with landowners and community members. Familiarity with MS Office software. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Must pass driving record and criminal history checks. Academic and/or field experience in natural resources preferred. Knowledge of GIS software and GPS use preferred. Farming and agricultural knowledge including tractor operation and/or trailer pulling experience is preferred.
- Contact Person
- Andrew Schoonover
- Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink .
Academic Officer – Administration Of Eu Reference Laboratories Dtu Food, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 15 days ago
We seek a skilled and experienced academic officer to assist with administrative tasks related to our function as EU reference laboratories (EURLs). The candidate must be capable of working indepe...
Genetic Counselor Cancer/Cardiovascular, City of Hope, United States, about 18 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other lif...
Asari Professor In Agriculture Water Management, MOHAMMED VI POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, Morocco, about 8 hours ago
ABOUT UM6P LAAYOUNE Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standar...
Student In Urban Water Engineering With Focus On Stormwater Flows And Sensors, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Luleå University of Technology is in strong growth with world-leading competence in several research areas. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research results, a...
Postgraduate Research Associate (Ph D Position) In Transport Simulation And Analysis / Reference Code 98, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, Austria, 29 days ago
11 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna Department Personnel Management Research Field Engineering » Civil engineering Engineering...
Eng D Development Of A Compact Water Treatment System For Pfas Removal , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Effective, resilient and cost-effective, high-quality drinking water supply in European context. The EngD candidate will work under the EU funded ToDrinQ project. The overall objective of the ToDr...