Primary Functions: The Tutor is responsible for providing tutoring sessions via Zoom or in-person, to assist students in achieving academic success.
- Support students in achieving academic success through regularly scheduled tutor sessions or on an as-needed basis to help clarify class concepts by reviewing class material, discussing the text, or working on practice problems. Tutor sessions are conducted via Zoom or in-person.
- Provide support in day-to-day operations while working under limited supervision.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must have received at least an "A" or be able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of one or more of the following types of courses related to: Database Management, Graphic Design, Java, C#, SQL, Python, Web Design.
- Excellent customer service orientation with the tact and strong verbal communication skills needed to facilitate relationship building
- Maturity of judgment and ability to resolve problems without delay and/or to seek managerial intervention.
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality in handling student information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Works in a normal office environment.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Academic Success Advisor, Sr., Arizona State University, United States, 1 day ago
97416BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Academic Success Advisor, Sr. Job Description The job posting is only open to current Arizona Board of Regents employees (Arizona State University, University of A...
*Updated* Electronics Technician 2 Fire Safety, Facilities Management [R0139522], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 7 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for *Updated* Electronics Technician II - Fire Safety, Facilities Management [R0139522] ROLE of the POSITION Under general supervision, in...
Lab Assistant Nursing Simulation Centre, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location - Work prima...
Public Services Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 23 days ago
96939BR Campus: West Valley Public Services Specialist Job Description The Fletcher Library on the West campus seeks a Public Services Specialist to provide excellent information and circulation a...
Fire Damper Technician, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Maintenance Location: Guildford Salary: Competitive Salary Part time Post Type: Part Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Tuesday 05 December 2023 Reference: 062123 An exciting opportunity for a ...
Academic Success Advisor, Arizona State University, United States, 21 days ago
96974BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Academic Success Advisor Job Description The Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation Student Services team seeks a service excellence focused, motivated, an...