The Chaplain provides spiritual care, moral guidance and ethical formation as well as pastoral care to all students, faculty and staff across the broad spectrum of race, cultural and faith traditions in the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions. The Chaplain assists students, faculty and staff with the integration of the Jesuit Mission and Identity in their personal and professional lives and the life of the school. The Chaplain contributes to the professional and spiritual formation of students in the Catholic, Jesuit tradition. This position works collaboratively with other health science chaplains and the Division of Mission and Ministry.
- Master's of Divinity, MA in Theology/Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Spirituality or related discipline
- • 4 - 6 years of Ministry experience
- • Health care experience, experience in academic environment, counseling experience, and/or Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) desirable.
- • Ability to communicate effectively on the individual level and with groups through excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Ability to perform duties with compassion, energy, openness, and flexibility
- • Ability to counsel and assist others by providing comfort and support
- • Willingness to serve others on a continual basis, and work in an academic environment
- • Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- • Developed self-awareness for ministry
- • Develop rapport with diverse groups and build effective professional relationships
- • Present/teach effectively to small or large groups
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Jesuit Mission and Identity
- Ignatian Spirituality including discernment and decision making practices; leadership; vocation
- Counseling and/or Spiritual Direction and good judgment about need to refer for professional counseling
- Knowledge of resources for personal and spiritual growth for those counseled as well as knowledge of referral resources and services.
- Developed self-awareness for ministry
- Social Sciences, psychology and human development
- Basic knowledge of Roman Catholic teaching in areas of pastoral theology, ethics and moral theology, biomedical ethics, God, Christ and Church, liturgy and sacrament, justice and peace, spirituality and prayer, and Scripture and Scripture interpretation
- Familiarity and comfort with various religious traditions
- Crisis intervention Additional Responsibilities
- Assist in administration of sacraments and religious services
- Participation in School/University events
- Ability to travel (Alaska, Colorado, Phoenix)
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
Assistant Professor, Mathematics, United States, about 3 hours ago
Creighton University invites applications for up to two tenure-track assistant professor positions beginning in August 2021. We seek individuals committed to being outstanding teacher-scholars wi...
Guild Admissions Counselor, Bellevue University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Find a Job Recruit Talent Employer Solutions Post a Job Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Staffing Employee Retention Brand Your HR Explore Companies Featured Employers All Employers Applications Pr...
Director Of Occupational Therapy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, United States, about 19 hours ago
Requisition Details Location Omaha, NE Requisition Number: 2021-016 Department MMI Occupational Therapy 50000696 Business Unit(College/Institute) Munroe-Meyer Institute FTE: 100 Reg-Temp Full-Time...
Clinical Trials Accountant, University of Nebraska Medical Center, United States, about 19 hours ago
Requisition Details Location Omaha, NE Requisition Number: Staff_9994 Department Int Med FPBCC Clin Trials Office 50000595 Business Unit College of Medicine Reg-Temp Full-Time Regular Work Schedul...
Gis Analyst Offutt Afb, Omaha, Ne, Colorado State University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Posting Details Working Title GIS Analyst - Offutt AFB, Omaha, NE Position Location Omaha, NE Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 202100019AP Position Type Admin Professional/ Resear...
Assistant/Associate Professor, University of Nebraska Medical Center, United States, about 19 hours ago
Requisition Details Location Omaha, NE Requisition Number: 2020-359 Department MMI Psychology 50000698 Business Unit(College/Institute) Munroe-Meyer Institute FTE: 100 Reg-Temp Full-Time Regular W...