The Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (KCU) is searching for a Chair of the Department of Bioethics. The successful candidate will be a scholar who provides intellectual and administrative leadership for the Department of Bioethics on the KCU Kansas City and Joplin campuses. This faculty person is an ethicist and humanist with relevant academic credentials in Bioethics. The Chair will be responsible for academic programming and administrative operations for sustaining and growing this vital and thriving program. KCU Bioethics faculty are primarily teachers responsible for the delivery of the Master’s of Arts Bioethics degree as well as the integration of the Bioethics course content into the osteopathic medical school curriculum. The Chair will also demonstrate excellence in teaching, inclusive of online curriculum development and course delivery. A background of research and publication is desirable. Bioethics faculty on both campuses report to the department Chair, who reports to the Executive Dean of KCU.
The Bioethics Department Chair is responsible for:
- Administrative leadership of the Department of Bioethics, including all faculty (full-time and part-time), lecturers and other staff
- Administrative oversight of all bioethics curriculum, both in the DO degree program and the MA in Bioethics degree program
- Providing intellectual direction and infrastructural capability to ensure sustainability and growth of Bioethics curriculum and programs on both campuses, and ultimately online
- Annual evaluation of department full-time faculty
- Planning and leading an annual department retreat
- Facilitating regular department meetings
- Recruitment and retention of department full and part-time faculty
- Course direction of one or more courses and oversight of curriculum in the MA degree program in Bioethics
- Course direction of the DO Bioethics curriculum
- Providing occasional didactics for regional clinical residency/fellowship programs, ethics grand rounds, community programs, etc.
- Serving as an advisor to students and mentoring and coaching faculty development of student advising
- Thesis advising of MA Bioethics students based on opportunity
- Collaborative leadership with department faculty and staff on recruitment and retention of MA bioethics students
- University committee membership and leadership as assigned
- Regular participation in Deans and Chairs meetings, Faculty Senate, KCU Board meetings, Town Hall meetings, White Coat ceremonies, Commencement, Homecoming and other campus events
- The successful candidate must have a PhD, JD, DO, MD or other terminal degree of relevance to Bioethics, with a proven track record of excellence in Bioethics and academia. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates.
- Required Application Materials
- Required materials include: (a) current CV; (b) cover letter that includes the applicant’s vision for this position, and experience or qualifications pertinent to the position—highlighting evidence of strong a commitment to and excellence as an administrator and teacher; (c) list of at least three references (references will not be contacted without prior notification to the applicant).
Applications will be reviewed as received, and the position will remain open until it is filled. For more information, contact Ms. Shelby Ward at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!
Internal Only Faculty Ombuds .20 Fte / Tenured Faculty .80 Fte, University of Kansas, United States, 1 day ago
14717BR University Ombuds Position Overview This is an INTERNAL ONLY search available only to current, tenured faculty members at the University of Kansas. The Faculty Ombuds works in collaboratio...
Academic Advisor Department Of Teacher Education, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Department Teacher Education Job Posting Title Academic Advisor - Department of Teacher Education Job Description Position Description: The Department of Teacher Education is hiring two 12-month, ...
Assistant Professor Or Instructor Allied Health Department, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Department Allied Health Job Posting Title Assistant Professor or Instructor - Allied Health Department Job Description Position Available: Medical Diagnostic Imaging Faculty – Department of Allie...
Senior Program Coordinator, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Senior Program Coordinator Classification Title Senior Coordinator, Non-Exempt Position Number J0083847 Hours Per Week 40 Department Otolaryngolo...
Residency Coordinator, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Residency Coordinator Classification Title Senior Coordinator, Non-Exempt Position Number 01203172 Hours Per Week 40 Department Gynecology & Obst...
Co Teacher 2, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 12 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Co-Teacher 2 Classification Title Teaching Assistant Position Number 01203150 Hours Per Week 40 Department Project Eagle Campus Location Kansas C...