Center Assistant - 24136
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health | Center for Global Health
Position 780812 – Requisition #24136
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Center for Global Health has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Center Assistant position.
About the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado - that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu .
The Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) is a unique and collaborative graduate school that combines the collective expertise of three Colorado universities: the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) in Aurora, Colorado State University (CSU) in Fort Collins, and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) in Greeley, Colorado. The Colorado School of Public Health is the only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing a vital contribution towards ensuring our region’s health and wellbeing. The school’s faculty, staff, and students work together to reach underserved populations, share knowledge, and conduct innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, costly injuries, and more.
As the School of Public Health located within the University of Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence in education and employment, by recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. We strive to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding; and encourage applications from, racial and ethnic groups, persons with disabilities, and veterans, ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
The Center for Global Health is an umbrella organization for the global health activities of the University of Colorado across all campuses and creates synergies and partnerships with other resources and group in Colorado and internationally that shares the same values.
The Center Assistant position will provide administrative and office support for the Center for Global Health Team. This administrative support position will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative duties along with assisting faculty and students with purchasing and travel expenses of the Trifinio Project in Guatemala to ensure consistency and accuracy in following the guidelines required by the University and the grant. This position will also work with Procurement on issues that may arise or about various processes within the Center. Plus, this position will create and process the monthly ProCard, Travel and Mileage Reports in Concur for the Team in alignment with budget line items along with maintain electronic backup via PDF as required by the funder. This position will assist the Center Administrator with projects, tracking, and procurement needs along with assist with provide administrative support. This position will also provide administrative support to the CGH Faculty, Staff, and Students. This position will be the point of contact for all Guatemala project needs. These duties include but are not limited to; assist with the website, assemble program materials, printing, oversee print jobs, mailing of Center items, formatting of documents, and other projects as assigned.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
Public Health, Research and Business Administration
This position reports directly to the Center Administrator but may receive direction from the Director of Latin American Projects and the Center Director.
This position does not supervise any employees.
Examples of Work Performed
- Prepare and monitor procurement transactions; including but not limited to Purchase Orders (PO), Payment Vouchers (PV), Payment Authorizations (PA).
- Assist with and track Procurement contracts for Standard Purchase Orders (SPO) and Purchase Orders (PO), Scope of Work (SOW), Gift Cards, etc.
- Track all expenses via tracking sheets to ensure processing.
- Prepare and monitor monthly procurement card and travel reimbursement expenses and reports; verify expenditures for accuracy and compliance with university policy and avoid cardholder violations.
- Serve as requestor in CU Marketplace.
- Regularly communicate with Director of Latin American Projects on any changes to the University’s processes or policy changes.
- Act as delegate for Center for Global Health and create monthly Concur expense reports, reallocating charges to appropriate speed type and general ledger account code, attaching appropriate documentation, and working with cardholder and traveler to submit in a timely manner.
- Ensure the propriety of all transactions in accordance with all State, and University rules and regulations.
- Assist and train PRA staff in processes and procedures on various areas of Procurement.
- Purchase supplies/equipment for Guatemala clinic needs.
- Coordinate pre-departure and in-country logistics for faculty, fellows, residents, and students (Center for Global Health project faculty and staff, Pediatric, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Obstetric Gynecology Global Health Track Residents and Fellows, Center for Global Health Fellows, Students from the School of Dental Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Medicine and CHAPA) who participate in the Trifinio Project in Guatemala.
- Assist in the following logistical areas: airfare, medical evacuation insurance, risk waivers, emergency contact information, temporary medical license documentation (obtain prior to party’s departure and kept within CGH), ground transportation, hotel reservations, equipment authorization forms, schedule appointments for debriefing of project leaders upon return, and completing subsequent expense reports through Concur for employees and non-employees.
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to accurately track travel costs, site visits, travelers name, location, payments of each party’s/group’s movement so logistics may be secured ahead of time.
- Communicate effectively with counterparts in Guatemala and the Office of International Affairs to ensure expenses and agreements are appropriate and allowable per guidance and grant award notice.
- Track travel expense spreadsheet.
- Provide guidance on developing systems to help with program expenses and processes.
- Maintain detail electronic documentation of all expenses listed in monthly CU Financial Report System (m-Fin) as required by the funder for audit purposes.
- Process payments to Guatemala (wire transfers).
General Office/Administrative Support
- Manage and coordinate Guatemala monthly meeting.
- Website support for the Center for Global Health.
- Formatting of documents; newsletters, one pager, MOU, etc.
- Assist the day-to-day operations of the Center’s programs, including ordering supplies, printing, and assembling materials, overseeing print orders, mailing supplies, and other duties as assigned.
- Support and schedule team meetings, minutes, prepare and distribute materials.
- Event coordination including ordering catering, room reservations, invitations and working with other event coordination staff as needed.
- General office duties including filing/archiving/copying/labels.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, business, finance, accounting, public health or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience working in general clerical/administrative fields.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience in CU procurement and accounting software such as PeopleSoft, Marketplace and Concur systems. Experience with expense management and purchasing.
- Experience with detail spreadsheets for tracking expenses.
- Experience working in or with rural settings and/or school districts.
- Experience working at a higher education institution experience and knowledge of information systems and financial applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally with domestic and international partners.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to track multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to oversee multiple budgets, track progress, and anticipate and plan for issues or problems
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in communication systems such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WhatsApp, etc.
- Commitment to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and organize multiple projects or tasks.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule including occasional weekends, evenings, before and after normal business hours.
- Must have and use a personal data phone for daily use.
- Must be able to comfortably lift 25 pounds and perform physical demands (loading and unloading items out of your personal vehicle).
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this 100% full-time position has been established at $44,526 – $55,000.
The above salary range (or hiring range ) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation at the time of posting. The salary for the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, career field, education, and area of expertise.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services .
The ColoradoSPH aims to build a diverse and representative academic community that recognizes the importance of social, economic, health, and environmental justice. We strive to promote equity, diversity, and to be a model of inclusive excellence. As a tri-campus partnership, ColoradoSPH stands with academic, practice, and community partners nationwide to condemn racism, injustice, and inequity.
Please click here to learn more about our equity, diversity, and inclusion commitment statement and plan to dismantle structural racism: https://coloradosph.cuanschutz.edu/about-us/diversity-inclusive-excellence
Click the following links to learn more about resources and community engagement opportunities at CU Anschutz through the following networks:
- LGBTQ+ Hub: https://www.cuanschutz.edu/offices/diversity-equity-inclusion-community/cu-anschutz-lgbtq-hub
- Diversity and Health Equity Hub: https://www.cuanschutz.edu/offices/diversity-equity-inclusion-community/trainings-workshops
- Community Engagement-North Aurora: https://www.cuanschutz.edu/offices/diversity-equity-inclusion-community/community-engagement
- The Office of Disability, Access, & Inclusion: https://www.cuanschutz.edu/offices/office-of-disability-access-and-inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by 1/30/2022. Those who do not apply by this date may or may not be considered. Equity, Diversity and Inclusive Excellence: The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to email@example.com
: Business Services
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21418 - CSPH-Center for Global Heal
: Mar 22, 2022
Posting Contact Name: Alexa Collesides
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00780812
Research Assistant Ii, University of Denver, United States, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:495189 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Research Throughout its 75-year history, the University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) has adminis...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Denver, United States, 21 days ago
Apply now Job no:495093 Work type:Postdoc / Research / Fellow Location:Denver, CO Categories:Postdoc / Fellow The Larson Lab at the University of Denver is accepting applications for a Postdoctora...
Undergraduate Research Assistant: Denver, Co, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 14 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyJohns Hopkins UniversityLocationDenver, COJob CategoryUndergraduate AssistantshipsSalaryNALast Date to Apply...