Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
Sign-on bonus package available.
The College of Medicine, Hoxworth Blood Center is recruiting a Cell Therapy Technologist 1 (Clinical Lab Scientist) in the Cellular Therapies Laboratory, to perform a moderate range of laboratory procedures. This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all our activities.
- Perform processing and cryopreservation of hematopoietic progenitor cell collections for bone marrow transplant patients.
- Perform routine cell processing operations and innovative cell selection techniques for the production of novel cellular therapy products for clinical trial use.
- Participate in laboratory operations that support clinical cell processing; maintaining supply inventories, perform equipment validations and quality control test procedures.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures, (SOPs), generate reports, etc.
- Comply with cGTP and cGMP regulatory requirements.
- Perform moderate complexity mathematical calculations.
- Report test results to healthcare professionals and respond to questions appropriately.
- Communicate effectively with clinical site personnel and other internal and external customers.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Bachelor's degree in a Life Science.
- Understanding of the fundamental concepts of laboratory practices (for ex: sterile technique, universal precautions).
- Possess essential computer skills, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Additional Qualifications Considered
Associate’s degree in a Life Science and three (3) years of work experience in a laboratory setting.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Hearing, listening - Continuously
- Sitting - Continuously
- Standing - Continuously
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Continuously
- Walking - Continuously
- Bending - Often
- Pulling, pushing - Often
- Lifting - up to 20 pounds - Often
- Crouching - Seldom
- Kneeling, squatting - Seldom
- Stooping - Seldom
- Reaching overhead - Seldom
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Pediatric Rheumatology Faculty Opportunities, Cincinnati Children's Hospital, United States, 14 days ago
The Division of Rheumatology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC) is seeking faculty members to expand and enhance its clinical & research program in pediatric rheumatic diseas...
Pre Doctoral – Geocomputation Data Scientist, EPA National Student Services Contract, United States, 16 days ago
AgencyEPA National Student Services ContractLocationCincinnati, OHJob CategoryContractSalary$37.31Last Date to Apply04/05/2023Websitehttps://careers-orau.icims.com/jobs/2205/pre-doctoral---geocomp...
Geocomputation Data Scientist, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 24 hours ago
The Center for Environmental Solutions and Emergency Response (CESER) plans, coordinates and conducts an applied, customer-driven, national research and development program to improve decision mak...
Student: Summer Internship, University of Kentucky, United States, 14 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Student: Summer Internship Requisition Number SE03624 Department Name 3J5SE: Student Employment Work Location Hebron, KY On Campus/Off Campus Off Campus S...