Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- The Cell Processing Technologist II will work in our state-of-the-art, good manufacturing practices (GMP) facility with a team of cell processing technologists, growing therapeutic T-cells for the treatment of patients with cancer.
- Additionally, other projects for manipulating human cells intended for the use in treating various diseases will be performed.
- Incumbents will be training in manufacturing of virus-specific T-cell and tumor-specific T-cells according to GMP, using a range of standard operating procedures (SOPs) some of which involve gene modification, for example to manufacture CART-cells.
- An understanding of cell biology and immunology as well as experience in cell culture is preferred.
- Incumbents in this job class will also be involved in patient infusions, if requested.
- Technologist IIs will operate with a higher level of independence than incumbents at the Tech I level and will also support more complex work in the lab.
- Performs therapeutic cell processing and cryopreservation for ExCITE shared resource.
- Develops, maintains, and improves computerized databases and electronic worksheets recording activities Processes data and generates reports suitable to be inserted into patient files and QA/QC program.
- Assists with the training of new staff.
- Assures that activities are following all compliance requirements including preparation and archival of all necessary regulatory documents.
- Implements the transition of new cell processing technologies.
- Ensures that the laboratory is fully prepared and stocked to perform scheduled and emergency cell processing at all times.
- Maintains and prepares equipment for use including scheduling periodic maintenance from outside vendors.
- Leads in the preparation and writing of abstracts, reports, papers, and presentations on the activities of the cell processing group, if requested.
- Responsible for job related training.
- Writes deviation reports, incident reports and validation reports.
- Attends GMP training webinars and job-related seminars and meetings as requested.
- Liaises with other groups involved in cell therapy studies, such as physicians, translational researchers, research coordinators, regulatory affairs staff, quality control and quality assurance staff as requested. Maintains professional and courteous relationships with other staff members.
- Teamwork is crucial for this position; good communication skills are required.
- The cells cultured utilizing aseptic technique are for clinical use, so attention to detail is required.
- Liquid nitrogen tanks are used for cell cryopreservation frequently, biosafety cabinets and incubators are thoroughly cleaned monthly, therefore the ability to lift 15-20 lb. of weight and physical activity is required.
- Processes patient blood samples for product manufacture with required medical clearance (HEP vaccination, etc) to perform as required by ESHO.
- Occasionally work over the weekend or holidays may be required upon request and scheduling.
- Bachelors degree in biology or related field and two years related experience required.
- Experience with human cell culture, nucleic acid manipulation (sequencing, RNA, DNA, extraction etc.) preferred.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist preferred.
- Masters degree in related field preferred.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Research Support Technician (2024.20), IDIVAL, Spain, 20 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company IDIVAL Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Spain Application Deadline 22 Feb 2024 - ...
Ph.D. Position In Immunology/Cancer Immunotherapy (Beltra Lab) , University of Basel, Switzerland, 6 days ago
The Department of Biomedicine is a joint effort between the University of Basel and the University Hospitals Basel. It unites basic and clinical scientists to advance our understanding of health a...
Internship In Drug Metabolic Effects , University of Basel, Switzerland, 6 days ago
Your profile We are scouting for a highly motivated and talented individual with a master's degree in Life Sciences, ideally with a focus on applied cell biology and/or bioanalytics. Additionally,...
Ph.D. Position In Immunology/Cancer Immunotherapy (Beltra Lab), University of Basel, Switzerland, 6 days ago
27 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Basel Research Field Biological sciences » Other Medical sciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Swit...
Postdoctor In Adoptive Cell Therapy, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher with an interest in Adoptive Cell Therapy and how it can be used as treatment. When joining ...
Staff Scientist In Bacterial Anaerobic Cell Wall Metabolism , Umeå University, Sweden, 7 days ago
Umeå University is one of Sweden’s largest higher education institutions with over 37,000 students and about 4,700 employees. The University offers a diversity of high-quality education and world-...