Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 2023-36325
The Connell and O'Reilly Families Cell Manipulation Core Facility (CMCF) assists DF/HCC members in developing new cell-based therapies for patients with cancer who are enrolled in novel therapeutic clinical research protocols. It also supports clinical research studies designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of these novel treatments.?? Please visit????https://cmcf.dana-farber.org
The Cell Processing Quality Control Specialist trains and becomes competent at performing, interpreting and reporting for quality control assays required for cellular product evaluation. Responsible for the quality control (QC) of reagents, supplies, facility environmental testing, laboratory equipment maintenance and QC performed in the Cell Manipulation Core Facility. The Cell Processing Quality Control Specialist I is responsible for QC procedures that are performed under the highest standards of quality in a timely manner while minimizing costs.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Follow the laboratory???s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records.
- Accurately perform, analyze and demonstrate proficiency of the following tests at a minimum:
- automated and manual cell counts, including trypan blue viability testing,
- basic flow cytometry analysis (CD34, T subsets, 7AAD viability, etc.),
- potency assays such as CFUs, etc.,
- basic microbiology cultures and gram stains (clinical and environmental).
- Must interpret QC and test results, trends and respond/report according to procedure and policy.
- Adhere to the laboratory???s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory???s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory???s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory???s established performance specifications. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior specialist or supervisor.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Follow regulations (FDA, CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, state), standards (FACT, JC) and safety guidelines.
- If applicable, answer questions from clinicians or other lab personnel.
- Maintain complete records of all testing performed.
- Maintain general clean and organized appearance of the department.
- Ensure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable, opened dates.
- Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual.?? Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
- BS in Medical Technology or related field, MT ASCP (or equivalent) strongly preferred.
- 0 years??? experience with appropriate training and degree. Must qualify as a General Lab Supervisor under CLIA as independent judgment is required for the high complexity work performed in the following areas; Immunohematology, hematology, microbiology and flow cytometry. Knowledge of other non-routine laboratory procedures such as CFU assays, PCR and ELISA testing is a benefit.
- Must have basic knowledge of general clinical laboratory practices, hematology, flow cytometry, immunohematology, and microbiology. In addition must demonstrate general lab skills, aseptic practices, knowledge of lab safety and infection control practices.
- Position requires an ongoing commitment to upgrading of job skills. Must be able to work closely with others & possess solid interpersonal & communication skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment; effective in a diverse work group; willing to work in a rapidly changing work unit.??
- Able to work independently, capable of handling stress of producing accurate results under time constraints; willing to accommodate schedule adjustments, as well as off-shift and weekend assignments as workload dictates.??
- Must possess good judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to be flexible & adaptable to changing technology.??
- Requires attention to detail and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both laboratory and clinical staff within a complex, multi-organization environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Basic knowledge of general clinical laboratory practices, hematology and microbiology. In addition, must demonstrate general lab skills, aseptic practices, knowledge of lab safety and infection control practices.
- Able to perform aseptic processing of samples for relevant tests.
- Ability to accurately perform simple laboratory math calculations.
- Ability to work closely with others, possess solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment; effective in a diverse work group; willing to work in a rapidly changing work unit.
- Capable of handling stress of producing accurate results under time constraints.
- Good judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both laboratory and clinical staff within a complex, multi-organization environment.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong.?? As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff.?? Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to under-served members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Connections working at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Research Scientist, Harvard University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Details Title Research Scientist School Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Department/Area Cardiac Cell Biology and Tissue Engineering Position Description The Park...
Bioinformatics Data Analyst, School Of Medicine, Genetics, Molecular Medicine (23500558771123), Boston University, United States, 3 days ago
The Biomedical Genetics Section in the Department of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) is seeking to fill a full-time position requiring computer programming and data analysi...
Scientist Ll – Pathology Griffin Lab, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, United States, 9 days ago
Scientist ll – Pathology Griffin Lab Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Boston, MA Full Time A Scientist position is open to join the Griffin laboratory (https://griffin-lab.dana-farber.org/) in the Dep...
Assistant/Associate/Full Teaching Professor Bioengineering Boston, Northeastern University, United States, 35 minutes ago
About the Opportunity The Department of Bioengineering at Northeastern University is seeking outstanding individuals to fill a full-time non-tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/...
Research Tech, Brandeis University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity for a Research Technician in the Grienberger lab. If you are looking for an opportunity to work at a beautiful university campus w...
Clinical Assistant Professor In Information Systems, Questrom School Of Business (23599933241120), Boston University, United States, about 24 hours ago
The Questrom School of Business at Boston University seeks to hire a non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor trained in Information Systems, Computer Science, Product Management, Digital Tra...