About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Cell Manufacturing Associate II position is available in the Cellular Therapy Production Center (CTPC). This is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs. New personnel will be trained in project specific techniques and procedures.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Manufacture and test T cell products, under limited supervision, following established SOPs in cGMP facility.
· Application of aseptic techniques.
· Passage, maintain and cryopreserve cell cultures (e.g., T cell and tumor cell lines).
· Provide routine lab support and maintenance activities.
· Assist in developing and adapting new manufacturing procedures and analytical methodology.
· Assist in creating, reviewing, and revising Standard Operating Procedures as necessary for cell product manufacturing and process development.
· Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work and documentation, strictly following established SOPS, as well as accurate record keeping and lab documentation.
· Cooperate with Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) groups to ensure the quality of product and cGMP compliance.
· Assist in internal inspections and audits to ensure compliance with Federal Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and City of Hope and CTPC procedure requirements.
· Required to wear pager, or other communication devices, to respond promptly to emergency calls and for critical equipment failure.
· Complete and maintain all training required by City of Hope and CTPC.
· Cooperate with other performance improvement and compliance activities within the department and in the institution.
· Maintains current knowledge of manufacturing/analytical techniques and industry practices.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
· Bachelor’s degree in biological science or related field, with at least 2 years of post-degree research experience.
· 6 months or more of hands-on mammalian cell culture experience.
· 6 months or more of cGMP experience.
Preferred education experience and skills:
· Master’s degree in biological science or related field, with at least 1 year of post-degree research experience.
· Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
· We have multiple positions available
· To see more of the amazing work being done by our CAR T group please visit: https://www.cityofhope.org/research/car-t-cell-therapy
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Research Support Technician (2024.20), IDIVAL, Spain, 17 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company IDIVAL Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Spain Application Deadline 22 Feb 2024 - ...
Ph.D. Position In Immunology/Cancer Immunotherapy (Beltra Lab) , University of Basel, Switzerland, 4 days ago
The Department of Biomedicine is a joint effort between the University of Basel and the University Hospitals Basel. It unites basic and clinical scientists to advance our understanding of health a...
Ph.D. Position In Immunology/Cancer Immunotherapy (Beltra Lab), University of Basel, Switzerland, 4 days ago
27 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Basel Research Field Biological sciences » Other Medical sciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Swit...
Laboratory Technician: Epigenetics, Cell Therapy, Cancer (M/F/D), CeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria, about 8 hours ago
2 Mar 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company CeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Biological sciences »...
Internship In Drug Metabolic Effects , University of Basel, Switzerland, 4 days ago
Your profile We are scouting for a highly motivated and talented individual with a master's degree in Life Sciences, ideally with a focus on applied cell biology and/or bioanalytics. Additionally,...
Degree Of Bachelor, Engineering, Master/ángel Nadal Navajas/Higher Graduate I. , Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Spain, 2 days ago
29 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Universidad Miguel Hernandez Department Servicio de Personal de Administracion y Servicios Research Field Other Researcher Profile First Stage Rese...