Campus Dining is committed to the success of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors by nourishing them to be their healthy best while caring for the environment. We welcome team members who share our passion for serving and caring for our community through exceptional dining experiences. In collaboration with our campus partners, we craft culinary programs that deliver unique memorable experiences. Campus Dining brings together expertise in culinary, wellness, sustainability, procurement and hospitality to develop innovative programs in support of our diverse community. Our award winning food program is based on scientific and evidence-based principles of healthy sustainable menus that are prepared by our culinary team with high-quality ingredients.
We invite you to be part of our dynamic culinary team, grow as an individual and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
- Assists in overseeing all aspects of planning, booking and managing functions, food production, and service. Paying close attention to menus and up and coming food and beverage trends.
- Participate in the purchasing, inventory, and issuance of food products. Maintains currency with, understands and ensures unit compliance with all university policies and procedures.
- Directly supervises and trains staff. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback to assigned staff. Supervises bargaining unit employees to ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreement and adherence to University policies and procedures.
- Assists with planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, scheduling and delegating responsibility to the staff, ensuring the goals and objectives of the operation are met on a daily basis by the staff.
- Monitors customer satisfaction through table touching, being present on the floor during functions, focus groups, and responding to customer inquiries. Develops and maintains client relations.
- Assists and/or works in other units within Campus Dining as the needs arise, providing direct supervision and guidance to staff when required. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Maintains and develops standards for service levels, hospitality, and sanitation. Provides training (to include aspects of service) and supervision to all staff for these standards. Maintains quality facilities.
- Ensures compliance with all state, local, and university food safety, work place safety, and HACCP policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to regularly lift and control 40 pounds.
- Flexibility with scheduling. Weekend work and work outside of the unit required .
- At least two years of experience in a catering operation.
- At least two years of supervisory experience.
Work Schedule Requirements:
- The schedule will be discussed during the interview process and established when an offer of employment is made.
- Flexibility, early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays and work outside the unit is required.
- The schedule will change due to business needs.
- This is an Academic Year (19 pay), 100% Duty Time (40 hr.) Position.
- This is an "Essential Personnel" position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant/Hospitality Management or related field.
- Three to four years of progressive experience in a catering operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of New Jersey State Health Codes and procedures.
- Must be able to coordinate and delegate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to take and give direction and work with others.
- Knowledge of computerized food production systems with ability to create recipes, develop menu forecasts, monitor standards, and control costs.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate’s current employment status with Princeton University.
Princeton University is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy .
Go to our careers site.
Chef Manager I, Rutgers University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Chef Manager I Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department Dining Services Overview Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey,...
Laboratory Operations Coordinator , Rutgers University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Laboratory Operations Coordinator Job Category Staff & Executive - Research Support (Laboratory/Non-Laboratory) Department SEBS - Nutritional Sciences Ov...
Manager Retail Operations, Rutgers University, United States, 11 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Manager Retail Operations Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support - Management Department Dining Services - Woody's Overview Rutgers, T...
Catering Server Dining Services (Multiple Vacancies), Rutgers University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Catering Server - Dining Services (Multiple Vacancies) Posting Number 21TM0382 Department Dining Services - Catering Overview Posting Summary Rutgers, Th...
Associate Professor/Acute Care Surgery Division Chief, Rutgers University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Associate Professor/Acute Care Surgery Division Chief Department RWJ-Surgery-Chairman-Meb Salary Commensurate With Experience Posting Summary Associate P...
Part Time Lecturers, Various Courses Fall 2021 Semester, Rutgers University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Part-time Lecturers, Various Courses Fall 2021 Semester Department SEBS - Food Science Salary Salary per Credit Posting Summary The Department of Food Sc...