Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, founded in 1976 and named for an eminent Supreme Court Justice, is now firmly established as an international and national leader in legal education. The School’s curriculum balances rigorous scholarship and research with experiential learning opportunities which include extensive clinical programs. Given its prime location in the heart of NYC’s Greenwich Village, Cardozo also offers a vibrant learning environment, with significant opportunities for students to gain legal experience through internships and summer positions with a broad array of legal employers.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year.
The Seasonal Recruiter will work with the Admissions Office to recruit a dynamic class of law students. From September to mid-November, the Seasonal Recruiter will effectively and enthusiastically convey information to prospective applicants at on-and-off-campus recruiting events. He/she will be knowledgeable and helpful in answering questions that relate to the Law School’s academic programs, admission requirements, student life, and career services. In addition, he/she will be responsible for sending follow-up correspondence with those that he/she speaks to on the road. When the Seasonal Recruiter is not travelling, he/she will be working in the CSL Admissions Office developing and managing prospective student activities and communications; assisting with mailings and projects geared toward building relationships and increasing the application yield on select applicant groups; and assisting in other daily office tasks associated with recruiting.
This is a temporary part time position.
- Responsible for attending law school fairs and panels, distributing materials, and answering questions from prospective students about admission and attending Cardozo Law
- Counsel students in the admissions process and provide advice and information to prospective students on application requirements, first-year curriculum, clinical programs, certificate programs and other such law school programs
- Responsible for executing projects relating to prospective student development and yield, including mailings, electronic communications, and program development
- Provide follow-up communication with prospective students
- Professional demeanor with good oral presentation skills
- Must be a reliable self-starter who is comfortable with demands of air travel and recruitment schedule
- Collect and send back to campus inquiry names and follow-up requests
- Report to Admissions Office and manager in a timely manner regarding each event
- Responsible for making all travel arrangements associated with recruiting events. If necessary, will work with Assistant Director of Admissions in making travel plans
- Responsible for submitting travel authorization forms, reimbursement forms and event report forms for each event
- Must be a 2017 graduate of Cardozo Law School
- This position requires excellent communication skills in both group and individual settings; and the ability to travel extensively both in and out of state, including an occasional weekend. The person(s) in this position will provide recruitment information to diverse student groups, student advisors and university and college administrators at the undergraduate level.
- This position is temporary
Graduate Legal Studies Officer, Columbia University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title Graduate Legal Studies Officer Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 093984 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining...
Assistant Director Of Graduate Admissions, Columbia University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions Job Code Title Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions Job Requisition Number 093547 Department 5202- ENG Administration Location Morningside ...
Graduate Admissions Manager, Columbia University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title Graduate Admissions Manager Job Code Title Graduate Admissions Manager Job Requisition Number 093950 Department 5214- ENG Electrical Engineering Location Morningside Job Type Officer Ful...
Associate Director, Graduate Affairs, New York University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Support Director, Graduate Affairs with the development, implementation and assessment of policies and programs that enhance the educational experiences for the diverse student population who enro...
Tenure/Tenure Track Faculty Cornell Law School, Cornell University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Law School -TTLAW [#11418, WDR-00008408] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14850, United States [map ] Subject Are...
Senior Admissions Officer, Columbia University, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Senior Admissions Officer Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 093556 Department 4566-Enrollment Mgmt Group Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If t...