Engineering Deans Office Infrastructure is seeking an experienced carpenter for a full-time position in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Structures Shop with proven experience in carpentry; drywall installation, finishing and painting; commercial furniture assembly; floor and ceiling installation; light plumbing and welding. The chosen candidate will be able to produce both highly functional and esthetically pleasing products for use in research labs and offices. Candidate requires a high mechanical aptitude. The person will work both independently and with other carpenters and welders on various projects.
This position supports all research scientists and professors at the Fulton Schools of Engineering and will at times require working directly with them, their lab managers, doctoral candidates and master’s degree students. Excellent communication skills and ability to explain capabilities, limits and alternate methods for construction of lab equipment are extremely important.
Working at ASU has additional perks and outstanding benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members, state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$18.75 - $23.41 per hour; DOE
- Building lab benches, tables, cabinets, counter tops, shelving units etc.
- Renovating offices and labs drywall, painting, doorways, ceilings, flooring
- Working from blueprints, sketches, as well as verbal instructions.
- Wood and Metal fabrication steel frames, fixtures, for a variety of student projects.
- Plumbing pipe for water, air and lab gases.
Days and Schedule: Monday - Friday; 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Six years of carpentry experience; OR, Completion of a four year federally approved technical training program in carpentry AND two years of carpentry experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Employee must possess a valid US Driver’s license of the appropriate class and required endorsements throughout employment. Must pass pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment to include asbestos worker clearance, respiratory clearance questionnaire and respiratory fit test. May participate in programs which involve adherence to program regulations, including physical exam, annual testing, x-rays, medication, vaccinations at ASU expense, and completion of a Health Surveillance Questionnaire.
- Experience in working independently and with team.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in working in large organizations and/or educational institutions.
- Experience with commercial tenant improvement, including steel stud framing, drywall application and finishing, painting, door hardware and millwork installation.
- Experience in cabinetmaking and shop tools.
- Experience in furniture installation.
- Experience in using computers and the Microsoft Office software.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- Regularly required to climb or balance; work in high, precarious places; and outdoor weather conditions.
- Frequently required to stand, walk and sit; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
- Required to drives University vehicle/cart.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Work in offices, labs, clean rooms, carpenter and/or welding shops, ranging from extremely clean to dirty.
- Working from ladders and/or scaffolding.
Infrastructure Team. This Team supports all engineering schools, departments and centers at the Fulton Schools; provides quality research support services for varied research programs and is committed to recruit, retain and develop a diversified workforce.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Senior Maintenance Civil Engineer Ii, Office Of Maintenance, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 18 hours ago
Reports to: Director of Operations and Maintenance, Architecture and Civil Purpose: The principal function of the job holder is to assist the director of operations and maintenance, architecture ...
Maintenance Repair Tech Fayetteville, University of Arkansas, United States, 10 days ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Housekeeper, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 23 days ago
Department: Environmental Services FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Nights Position Summary: Clean and services building areas. Perform a variety of environmental services duties in order to maintain t...
Housekeeper, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 13 days ago
Department: Environmental Services FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Days Position Summary: Clean and services building areas. Perform a variety of environmental services duties in order to maintain the...
Cwa Housekeeper, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 9 days ago
Department: Environmental Services FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Evenings Position Summary: Clean and services building areas. Perform a variety of environmental services duties in order to maintain...
Assistant Professor, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland, 9 days ago
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Metal Forming, Welding and Metrology is looking for a candidate for the position of assistant profess...