The Davidson Honors College (DHC) at the University of Montana invites applications for our new Career Development Program Director, beginning summer 2017. This is a full-time, Letter of Appointment, 12-month position, reporting directly to the Dean of the DHC. The Career Development Program Director will serve as the leader of the DHC’s comprehensive effort to prepare our students for postgraduate success.
In all respects, the Career Development Program Director serves honors students from all majors on the University of Montana campus by allowing them to connect their academic passions with postgraduate success.
Duties and responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of the DHC, as well as other DHC faculty and staff to design, launch, and coordinate the Career Development Program
- Lead/initiate communication efforts and coordinate activities between the DHC Career Development Program and the University of Montana (UM) Office of Career Services, Internship Services, and other career development programs in colleges and schools across campus
- Engage and encourage continued active involvement from alumni, sponsors, community supporters, and other academic and professional contacts with the intention of leveraging these contacts to connect students with promising employment, internship, and research opportunities
- Development and implementation of practices intended to actively recruit DHC students to the Career Development Program
- Continuous collection and analyzation of data related to postgraduate placement
- Help students identify potentially viable career paths and workforce opportunities, intended to leverage their educational background, strengths, and interests whenever possible
- Creating and continuously refining customized resources designed to address the needs of the students seeking assistance through the program
- Providing individualized workforce placement services to students associated with the Career Development Program (such as resume critiquing, interview preparation, and career coaching)
- Demonstrate a distinct dedication to promoting student success in the workforce and a well-developed ability to provide excellent service to diverse groups of people with assorted academic and professional interests
- Identify businesses/employers to recruit at UM and actively pursue long-term working relationships with these organizations
- Remain cognizant of current employment trends, workforce innovations, and other opportunities that could serve to advance the career prospects of DHC students and further the initiatives of the program
- Continuously engage and motivate alumni involvement with the DHC Career Development Program in the context of student career advancement and fundraising
The successful candidate will exhibit a deep dedication to promoting student success, be capable of excellent service to students from diverse backgrounds with diverse academic and professional interests, flourish in a collaborative environment, enjoy networking, understand current employment trends and opportunities, and have a deep appreciation for the innovative, interdisciplinary spirit of the Davidson Honors College. The successful candidate will also have excellent writing skills and oral communication and outreach skills, a strategic mindset, and an interest in making data-informed decisions.
The Davidson Honors College serves as a center and a symbol of the University's commitment to excellence in undergraduate education. As part of its mission, the DHC: offers an enriched academic experience - both inside and outside the classroom - for outstanding students of all majors; promotes intellectual, personal, and professional development of all students; fosters an appreciation of civic values; and provides support for instructional innovation in order to produce the best possible teaching and learning environment for our students and faculty.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Priority Application Date: July 11, 2017
Applications received by July 11, 2017 will be guaranteed consideration. Application review will begin on July 12th and continue until the position is filled.
- Letter of Interest - addressing the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
The University of Montana is one of the nation's outstanding public universities, committed to liberal arts education, research, and strong professional programs. Few universities offer a setting with such spectacular beauty and recreational resources. The American Institute for Economic Research recently ranked Missoula, a culturally vibrant city of more than 70,000, among the top 10 college towns . Mountains surround the area, which supports vibrant outdoor lifestyle year round. Missoula is within easy driving distance of Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks, as well as innumerable national wilderness areas. Skiing, fishing, hunting, river-running, and backpacking are all easily accessible. Missoula also hosts an enriching arts and cultural scene, plentiful farmers markets from May through October, and a fare-fee bus system.
The Davidson Honors College offers the intensive learning environment of a small liberal arts and sciences college within a larger research university. The Davidson Honors College is open to students of any major and provides special opportunities for students to enhance their learning and leadership skills within and outside the classroom. To learn more about the Davidson Honors College (DHC), please visit the DHC website .
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference - Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References - *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing - Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility - All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website .
Missoula, Montana, United States
Director (Administrator Iii) Health Promotion & Wellness, San Francisco State University, United States, 4 days ago
The Director of Health Promotion & Wellness (HPW) supports the academic mission of the University by providing vision, leadership and strategic direction for a wide array of health and wellness pr...
Director Of Women's Initiative , Bethune-Cookman University, United States, 13 days ago
The Women's Initiative is dedicated to the advancement of females through supporting innovative approaches to women's personal and professional leadership development in order to be contributing a...
Assistant Director, Honors & Scholarship Programs, Babson College, United States, 15 days ago
Assistant Director, Honors & Scholarship Programs | | Posting Details Position Details Posting Number 53-2017 Posting Title Assistant Director, Honors & Scholarship Programs Position Summary Infor...
Assistant Director (Administrator I) Children's Campus, San Francisco State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Master's Degree in ECE, Child Development or a related field; and three years of experience performing similar duties at a licensed child care center. Minimum of two years teaching at the bachelor...
Assistant Vice President, Diversity And Inclusion, Berklee College of Music, United States, about 12 hours ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Vice President of Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion/Chief Equity Officer, the Assistant VP for Diversity and Inclusion will provide strategic leadership f...
Lecturer Paramedicine, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Lecturer - Paramedicine School of Clinical Sciences Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences Full Time (1.0 FTE) Exciting Career Opportunity! A full time lecturing opportunity for experienced ...