The Career Services Center (CSC) at the W. P. Carey School of Business is seeking to fill a position as a Career Counselor, focused on working with both our undergraduate Bachelor of Science and graduate Specialty Masters Business students, and who shares our passion for empowering individuals to identify, pursue, and achieve their professional goals.
When you join W. P. Carey School of Business, you become part of a team of academics and professionals committed to making a positive impact through business education via the lens of our mission, “business is personal.” When you join the CSC team, you will be developing your program design, stakeholder management, content creation, and creative collaboration skillset.
The Career Counselor is part of an energetic and collaborative team that works with both undergraduate and graduate students. This position will work with other coaches at an individual level and build a fulsome career programing, including: group sessions, workshops, vendors, presentations (in-person and on-demand), and class design and delivery. Your role will be to map a career journey during the students’ time in the program – to directly help them to become career-ready – able to connect their skills, talents, interests, and education to the rapidly changing world of work.
The Career Counselor will deliver a high-quality level of service to a population with a variety of needs. This position will teach career courses, serve as a partner to student clubs, manage employment data collection, and develop workshops. Additional responsibilities include: assessing trends in the employment market; performing research and interpreting career and employment data and job search information databases; developing curriculum and content; representing the department on committees and strategic projects; and other duties as assigned.
The Career Counselor achieves results in five key areas of responsibility:
Emp Assistance & Counseling
WPC Career Mgmt & Employer Eng
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$45,000-$55,000; to commensurate with education and experience
- (40%) Career Coach. Delivers relevant career programming through various channels to drive student engagement and build life-long career capabilities. Provides individual, drop-in, and group career coaching services to a student portfolio to develop life-long career capabilities, including career decision making, narrative, networking, interviewing, etc. Teaches and career development courses; assists with development and facilitation of career management core workshops and programming.
- (30%) Program Design and Management. Develops comprehensive and customized career program tailored to the needs of a student population, utilizing data to make informed programmatic decisions. Identifies and integrates career tools, resources, events, and activities to assist students on their unique career journeys. Supports students in their awareness and development of personal and professional capabilities, including goal-orientation, communication, decision making and learning, all related to their career goals. Develops and embeds knowledge of career trends, career paths, best practices, and market shifts for all relevant roles within industries. Works on multiple, concurrent projects under tight deadlines.
- (15%) Content Creation. In collaboration with colleagues across Career Management, continuously creates and improves the quality of career content and resources. Assesses needs of portfolio to create and send editorial content, company prep sessions, market feedback mechanisms, and attending company events. Enhances professional practice and portfolio subject-matter expertise with employer meetings and research and sharing relevant insights with students through various channels is an expectation to understand market needs and our students’ performance within it.
- (15%) Stakeholder Engagement. Builds and maintains relationships with the key business community stakeholders—both internal to W. P. Carey and external—to enhance students’ market competitiveness. Works with the Operations team to support the coaching process and database needs. Participates in special projects and administrative responsibilities. Provides outreach and market engagement, including employment reporting outreach. Collaborates with Employer Engagement team to engage with the business community including local, national and global employers, alumni and industry stakeholders.
Master’s degree in counseling, student personnel, or related discipline and 3 years of related experience. OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master's degree in (business/counseling/education) or related field.
- Higher-education, business school experience in career services delivery, coaching, recruitment.
- Private sector experience. 1-2 key areas of industry knowledge and expertise; awareness of general labor market trends.
- Experience working with management to executive level business people in one or more of the areas of career coaching, recruitment, training and learning development, career services delivery, outplacement, executive search, talent management and transition/recruitment.
- Experience advising international student populations.
- Knowledge of career trends and the “business of business” in the changing world of work.
- Experience career coaching students, professionals, and/or employees.
- Ability to analyze complex situations accurately, think strategically, and adopt effective courses of action.
- Experience with program management/design and development in fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct respectful consultation and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Experience in designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating career-related content in workshops or group settings.
- Strong technical ability with Handshake, and familiarity with Zoom, Canvas, Big Interview, etc.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, facilitating groups, influence and persuasion.
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint).
- Work with university students one-on-one and in group/class settings in-person, via Zoom, phone, e-mail, and multiple social media formats.
- Work with the business school’s employer partners, both one-on-one and in group settings in-person, Zoom, phone, e-mail, and multiple social media formats. C
- Communicate effectively to develop employment materials in various media, create metrics, and provide reports in various formats (electronic, hard- copy, etc.), in addition to coordinating and presenting information.
- Interpret policies, procedures, and requirements of career/employment programs within the School.
- Lift/move up to 30 pounds (materials, brochures, boxes, etc.).
- Travel occasionally.
- Utilize computer, phone, and various office equipment (fax, copier, etc.).
- Utilize multiple and various forms of technology.
- Work occasional extended hours, including evening and/or weekends, as needed.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 14,000 students pursuing undergraduate, masters, and PhD degrees. Solutions for the planet mean developing problem-solvers from around the globe. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year from around the world, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking.
Within America’s largest public university, the W. P. Carey School is committed to building a tight-knit community. Through small classes, team-based learning, and individualized attention every step of the way, your W. P. Carey experience is uniquely your own.
"The W. P. Carey School of Business educates tomorrow’s business leaders, takes an entrepreneurial approach to learning, and conducts groundbreaking research, in order to create positive change on a global scale."
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
It Security Engineer At The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 10 days ago
Sprachauswahl FAQ de Stellenportal Stellenangebote der ETH Zürich Die ETH Zürich ist der Studien-, Forschungs- und Arbeitsplatz von rund 30’000 Menschen aus über 120 Ländern. Informieren Sie sich ...
Ktp Associate – Spend Network , London Metropolitan University ;, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
ABOUT US Transforming lives through excellent education London Met is an extraordinary institution. Equity and social inclusion have always been our driving principles, and it's what makes the Uni...
Academic Director , Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - RCSI ;, Ireland, 19 days ago
Location: Dublin with Hybrid working opportunity As part of an ambitious growth plan, GSM is seeking to recruit an experienced senior Academic to play a central role as part of the senior leadersh...
Senior Associate Regulatory Affairs, Novartis, Austria, 1 day ago
Job Description Regulatory Affairs Associate (m/w/d) 8! This is the number of biosimilars for which Sandoz has already received a marketing authorization, and that already provided increased acces...
Law Enforcement Liaison Center For Transportation (West Tennessee Region), University of Tennessee, United States, about 18 hours ago
Law Enforcement Liaison - Center for Transportation (West Tennessee Region) - 23000000I7 Description Law Enforcement Liasion- Center for Transportation (West Tennessee Region) Location: The succes...
Head, Department Of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 1 day ago
Worldwide Search for Talent City University of Hong Kong is a dynamic university located in the heart of Hong Kong. As a publicly funded institution, our goals are to pursue high levels of excelle...