|Position Title||Career Consultant|
|Salary Range||$48,000 - Depending on Qualifications|
|Position Status||Regular full-time|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Posting Open Date||08/28/2023|
|Posting Close Date||09/29/2023|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Desired Start Date||09/11/2023|
Have a passion for helping others succeed? Are you driven by empathy and passionate about engaging with diverse individuals? If so, you may be just the fit for the Career Consultant role in the University Career Center at the University of Texas at Dallas.
In this position, you will meet with students and alumni for one-on-one appointments and guide them through their career needs. This includes but is not limited to, revising resumes and cover letters, providing career advising services, graduate school planning, and preparing students for interviews.
In addition, be prepared to let your public speaking skills shine. Our career consultants will collaborate with faculty, other departments, and other teams to create workshops, events, and class visit presentations.
Career consultants are proactive and responsive towards student needs. We welcome your creativity in finding ways to spread awareness for our resources so that we can best serve our community.
This role reports to the Associate Director of Career Development. The University Career Center is part of the Student Affairs division of UT Dallas.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
Bachelor’s degree and one to three years professional work experience.
|Preferred Education and Experience||
Preference will be given to candidates with; Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, Counseling, or a closely related discipline. Direct Career Services and career advising experience, as well as experience administering personality and career assessments, is preferred.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
• Provide individual career coaching services to students and alumni in all aspects of the career development process.
• Develop, organize, and deliver career programming, including workshops, presentations, seminars, and other events to enhance student career readiness.
• Build partnerships with faculty and administration, and work with academic units, colleges, and student service departments to promote collaboration and career readiness.
• Periodically engage in activities beyond the regular office hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, in order to accommodate presentations and events. Flexibility regarding evenings and weekends is required based on the demands of the situation.
• Contributes to the overall success of the career center by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
After the probationary period, this role may be eligible for a hybrid (partly remote/partly in office) work schedule, subject to business need and manager approval. Must be located within the DFW Area and have the ability to be on campus with 24 hours of notice. A UT Dallas Remote Work Agreement will be required within 14 days after approval.
What we have to Offer:
We offer an employee-friendly work environment with a comprehensive benefit package including:
About UT Dallas
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged to their pursuit of excellence.
|Special Instructions Summary|
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator . For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator .
Administrative Project Coordinator, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 2 days ago
Details Posted: 30-Nov-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Libraries Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 25081 Posting Number: S05301P Department: Academic Affairs and Provos...
Assistant Professor Of Instruction In Meco, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 1 day ago
Details Posted: 01-Dec-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Business/Finance Internal Number: 25152 Posting Number: F00797P Department: Management Salary Range:...
Director Of Development, Bass School, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 10 days ago
Details Posted: 22-Nov-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Development Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 25087 Posting Number: S05297P Department: Development and Alumni Re...
Detective, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 1 day ago
Details Posted: 01-Dec-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Security/Public Safety Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 25155 Posting Number: S05316P Department: University Pol...
Administrative Assistant I Or Ii, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 16 days ago
Details Posted: 16-Nov-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Libraries Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 24776 Posting Number: S05284P Department: University Library Dept Sal...
It Support Specialist I, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 1 day ago
Details Posted: 01-Dec-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 25132 Posting Number: S05310P Department: Arts, Humaniti...